direct plays take forever to load

pr3dict

pr3dict

Still having issues. Number one culprit is the live TV tab. loading guide and channels taking 1 min + and if a page is taking awhile to load trying to move to another page just causes an entire hangup. Like going to the server dashboard I can see the side menu and it seems like its underlayed behind the loading screen of the page that I was coming from. 

Try shutting down the Ombi software and keeping it shut down. It is hammering your Emby Server with large amounts of requests and this is likely causing the slow down. Thanks.

pr3dict

but... Ombi is extremely helpful at getting requests from my family when they want something.

Also, how would that cause my http side of things not to work?

The way Ombi is pulling down data needs to be rewritten. I am happy to provide info to their developers. Right now it is just sending tens of thousands of http requests over short periods of time, and that is going to have an impact. 

If you can, try to configure it to only do that at certain times of day, like in the middle of the night. Then you'll probably be fine.

Put it this way if we ever queried the internet metadata providers at the same rate that ombi is querying Emby, we would be banned pretty quickly.

pr3dict

504 (Gateway Time-out) on some images, sporadically. Not all the time and not on every page. 

when the page sits idle I do get a lot more 504's. 

Edited by pr3dict

• 2 weeks later...
pr3dict

ok sooooo It's basically unusable at this point....

The only thing I changed in recent days is where I keep my metadata. I used to keep them in the folder of the media file but now I keep them all in one place.... could that be causing my issue?

I literally click on things and it just hangs for days... (not literally)

Also whats this mean?

2018-04-30 12:19:55.671 Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.3.1.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.4
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application directory: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: Connection reset by peer. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
	   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsServer(X509Certificate serverCertificate, Boolean clientCertificateRequired, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection..ctor(ILogger logger, Socket socket, EndPointListener epl, Boolean secure, X509Certificate cert, ICryptoProvider cryptoProvider, IMemoryStreamFactory memoryStreamFactory, ITextEncoding textEncoding, IFileSystem fileSystem, IEnvironmentInfo environment)
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.ProcessAccept(Socket accepted)
	System.IO.IOException
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsServer(X509Certificate serverCertificate, Boolean clientCertificateRequired, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection..ctor(ILogger logger, Socket socket, EndPointListener epl, Boolean secure, X509Certificate cert, ICryptoProvider cryptoProvider, IMemoryStreamFactory memoryStreamFactory, ITextEncoding textEncoding, IFileSystem fileSystem, IEnvironmentInfo environment)
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.EndPointListener.ProcessAccept(Socket accepted)
	InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
	System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): Connection reset by peer
Edited by pr3dict

pr3dict

the server install application is installed on a VM datastore and thats installed on an SSD.

The metadata and cache are on a 3TB WD red drive