True HD Transcodes to Dolby Digital on Emby for Nvidia Shield

YouCanPass

YouCanPass

Just installed the Emby server today to give it a whirl and see if I can move away from Plex.  One issue that i am experiencing is when i attempt to play a movie (Bluray backup) in the Emby app on the Nvidia Sheild that contains a True HD soundtrack, it always transcodes to DD. Dolby HD Master passes through to my audio reciever just fine.

I did download the Kodi app from the playstore and install the Emby addon so Kodi could connect to my Emby server and the same move with the True HD soundtrack will pass through with no problems.  I did notice that in the audio settings for the Emby app, there is an option to pass through HD Master audio, but no option to pass through True HD.

The version of the server and app that I am using is whatever version is being hosted on the server and playstore as of 2/16/2019 so i should have the most current versions, no?  The server version is the free version and the Emby app is a trial as i want to make sure that everything works before i spend any money.

I really like what I see so far, but as Plex is able to pass through both high definition formats with no problem, I really don't want to go backwards by moving to Emby.

Hope you can help.

Thanks much