Playback Error

anleva

Just upgraded from mono to .net core and am getting a playback error. 

Playback Error
No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Attached is the log. 

EDIT: I copied ffmpeg into the system directory and it plays now. Not sure why the installation did not have that in the directory

Edited by anleva

Its a Gentoo Linux system and I don't have root access

So any advice on how to do a proper install?   What I'm doing is working, what am I missing?

If it's working and you're happy then I guess you're fine. You might be missing some hardware acceleration options, possibly might be missing image processing, and then also our ffmpeg builds that we ship. You could use docker but if you're happy as things are then perhaps there's no reason to change.

Our 4.0 release is not open source at this time, but even if it were, that wouldn't change this. That would only produce output similar to the netcore zip you are already work. Since this is a generic cross-platform zip, it is missing all of the native parts that go into the final release packages, for example, ffmpeg, skia image processing, etc.

It looks like I am left with a sub optimal solution with Emby in my situation  since I don't have root access, can't use a package manager and can't compile from source.  My only option is the netcore zip (and the mono before it).