Emby app on Amazon Fire stick - Cannot sort by Genre

Kitcatgarcia
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Kitcatgarcia

Hi, I have a paid unlocked Emby app on my Fire stick but I do not see a GENRE to sort out my movies like what I have on my Emby server or when using the app on my Android phone.  Is there a setting for this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Kitcatgarcia

Hi Luke, thanks for the quick response.

When I click on Movies under My Media where it would take me to all my movies, where I would normally see Movies, Suggestions, Trailers, Collections, Favorites, Genre, and Folders on top, I don't see anything at all when I use the Fire Stick.  There is a search button but that still doesn't help me sort out by genre.

Is it possible you disabled the tabbed layouts in the app's settings? There's an option to do this so you might have done that. 

Kitcatgarcia

There is a setting I can get into but nothing were I can enable/disable tabbed layouts.  Actually, there are only few options such STARTUP, HOME SCREEN LAYOUT, GENERAL DISPLAY, PLAYBACK, and SUB/AUDIO DEFAULTS.  I've scrolled through every single one of them and nothing about Genres or tabbed layouts.  I am using ver 1.6.79a.

Hope this helps.

Hi. What type of library is this?

When you bring it up on the Fire, there should be a little cog icon in the upper right you can navigate to and click on.  Do you see that?

Kitcatgarcia

Hello ebr,

There is a "cog" on the top right but all it shows is the Display Preferences where I can click on either box "Group Items Into Collections (not available with filters) and Scroll Horizontally.  Below it are options for Image Size, Image Type, and Default View.

• Solution

Change the Default View to "Tabbed View".  Then exit and re-enter the library.

You must have changed this at some point because the tabbed view is the default.

Kitcatgarcia

Cool!  That seems to do the trick.  Thanks ebr and Luke for the prompt response.  You guys are awesome.  Will definitely subscribe to the Premier next payday :)

• 1 year later...
gungatim

Has this feature been removed? there is no longer a default view option.

I have the same problem, music videos cannot be sorted by artist, there are no filters, etc.

it works fine on the samsung tv app, and on the server app, but the firestick ap seems to be missing most of the functionality for music videos.

why can't we sort by genre, or artist, or year like we can with the samsung or other apps?

21 minutes ago, gungatim said:

Has this feature been removed? there is no longer a default view option.

I have the same problem, music videos cannot be sorted by artist, there are no filters, etc.

it works fine on the samsung tv app, and on the server app, but the firestick ap seems to be missing most of the functionality for music videos.

why can't we sort by genre, or artist, or year like we can with the samsung or other apps?

We may not have added it to the Android TV app yet. We'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

• Like 1