Playback fails on path with period

Karnov
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Hi,

I have a TV show that used to play fine. The correct name of the show is "MR. Robot" including the period, so I had the episodes in a folder with that name.

I used to be able to play these just fine using emby for kodi, but when I tried today the episodes would no longer play. I changed the folder name to remove the period and let it resync. It now plays.

So it looks like either the emby for kodi addon or the latest emby server update is the issue.

Logs attached and a big thanks for all the work you guys do.

\EDIT: I'm using the Addon (default) playback method in Emby for Kodi.

embyserver.zip

kodi.old.log.zip

Edited by Karnov

• Solution
Angelblue05

@@Karnov

After reviewing your log, it looks like your paths were not set correctly. Please repair your TV show library in Emby for Kodi. It has nothing to do with the period in your log, maybe a simple side effect.

http://127.0.0.1:57578/emby/kodi/tvshows/39644/plugin://plugin.video.emby.tvshows/39644/?dbid=5453&mode=play&id=41780&filename=2x05+-+eps2.3_logic-b0mb.hc.mkv

Did you repair or reset your local database recently? There was a change to the path system between Krypton and Leia. Let me know so I can figure out why this has happened in your case. Thanks.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

@@Karnov

After reviewing your log, it looks like your paths were not set correctly. Please repair your TV show library in Emby for Kodi. It has nothing to do with the period in your log, maybe a simple side effect.

http://127.0.0.1:57578/emby/kodi/tvshows/39644/plugin://plugin.video.emby.tvshows/39644/?dbid=5453&mode=play&id=41780&filename=2x05+-+eps2.3_logic-b0mb.hc.mkv

Did you repair or reset your local database recently? There was a change to the path system between Krypton and Leia. Let me know so I can figure out why this has happened in your case. Thanks.

Ok I've put the period back in the name, waited for emby server to notice the change and update the library, then I did a repair on the TV library in emby for kodi. That has fixed the problem.

I did reset the database recently because it was necessary after the major server update that was designed to speed up emby. I think you wrote a post about how to get emby for kodi working again a few weeks ago?  I had to install the three dependencies manually then install the emby for kodi beta.

Anyway I'm back on the stable repo now. I have no idea why other tv shows would play but not MR. Robot, I can only guess like you said there was some weird side effect of the upgrades to emby and the database reset. 

Thanks a bunch for your help. 

• Like 1