Uverse

Theangelofspace15

Theangelofspace15

Ho, is there a way to add live tv and dvr with Uverse? I just moved to a area with fiber (att) my only options are directTV or Uverse.

Hi, can you connect that to an HD Homerun?

Nope. Its proprietary IPTV.

I'd suggest PremiumTV but that seems a bit shaky at present..

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Theangelofspace15

What does that software do?

I set my pfsense router as the router for the cable. Its iptv I connect a ethernet cable to the cable box. The cable box is in a separate network where it get multiplex packages for the channels

. Im usimg IGMP proxy on pfsense to be able to see the channels. Idk if that helps. Im not very savvy on this. All I know if that the IGMP proxy make everything work.

So you're able to watch U-verse IPTV streams using this method? I don't know if it's really worth it because it seems like AT&T is going to abandon you verse pretty soon anyhow. I don't know if you know this but the original U-verse TV boxes had Windows Media Center embedded in it. They're now going to rent people Android TV boxes. U-verse sucks!

• Like 1

Do you mean that you're able to watch it on devices not directly connected to their cable box via HDMI? Otherwise, what's the point? You can just use their Residential Gateway and their cable box

• 1 year later...
jimbards

I have switched FROM Comcast TO ATT, knowing I would be losing my ability to stream my cable signal, BUT, considering they run their tv via internet, and have an app out for  android, apple and firestick, would it be possible to create a plugin based off their app? or linking TO their app? Just curious

(fyi, switched to ATT cause it was the ony fiber option here.)

Edited by jimbards

ChannelsDVR using TVEverywhere and then creating the m3u stream from that to feed into Emby as an IPTV stream.

• Like 1

MBSki
On 1/25/2021 at 8:21 AM, Sammy said:

ChannelsDVR using TVEverywhere and then creating the m3u stream from that to feed into Emby as an IPTV stream.

Interesting. I still have an HDHomeRun with a CableCard, but I started looking into how to get cable channels after the CableCard is gone. I imagine something new will pop up by that time, but just out of curiousity, how exactly do you set this up? It looks like a Channels Plus subscription is record. What next? I'm a newbie when it comes to m3u streams. Is there any quick start somewhere in the forum?

MBSki
1 minute ago, Sammy said:

ChannelsDVR server has a built-in m3u generator. for example if one is using Cox: http://x.x.x.x:8089/devices/TVE-Cox/channels.m3u, where x.x.x.x is the Local IP of the Channels DVR server.

Got it, thanks! I might just have to sign up for the ChannelsDVR to test it out. Looks like I would need to keep the Channels DVR running all the time to get it to work right? Unless the TV Everywhere feature request gets implemented.

MBSki

@Sammy I'm testing out ChannelsDVR right now, but have 1 question. Where do I get the guide data from? I don't see the channels from Verizon FiOS in the Emby Guide Data.

Hi, It would follow a similar pattern to the M3U file.

Try http://${DVR}:8089/devices/ANY/guide/xmltv?duration=1209600

Note: 1209600 = 14 days

• Thanks 1

MBSki

@cayars @Sammy Awesome, thanks!!! This is VERY cool. I had to remove the duration parameter at the end, but it pulled in the guide data instantly. 

Now all I'd like to see are some DVR improvements like ability to save to any library and skip ads. 😁

15 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

@cayars @Sammy Awesome, thanks!!! This is VERY cool. I had to remove the duration parameter at the end, but it pulled in the guide data instantly. 

Now all I'd like to see are some DVR improvements like ability to save to any library and skip ads. 😁

You can use MCEBuddy to remove commercials, compress to HEVC and put in any library you like or you can point Emby to the library(ies) created by ChannelsDVR. It'd be nice if Emby would natively support TVE though. 

BTW, for locals you can use locast in a similar manner as this if locast is available in your area.. or use a good old fashioned antenna and an HDHomeRun Connect Quatro tuner.

• Like 1