Emby App Not Opening on Apple TV

JulesRules6770

And what version of the server and app do you have?  Also, you do have an active internet connection, correct?

The previous reports of this issue were resolved so whatever you are seeing is something else and we need to discover that.

Thanks.

thoreed

And what version of the server and app do you have?  Also, you do have an active internet connection, correct?

The previous reports of this issue were resolved so whatever you are seeing is something else and we need to discover that.

Thanks.

I am having exactly the same problem.  My server version is Synology 4.1.1.0-1.

The problem is happening even with an active internet connection, but my understanding is that Emby does not require an internet connection in order to access content on the local LAN - is that not correct?

Please let me know if you need any further details to investigate the problem.

Thanks

The problem is happening even with an active internet connection, but my understanding is that Emby does not require an internet connection in order to access content on the local LAN - is that not correct?

At this time this specific app is using an Apple technology that does require internet access.

thoreed

At this time this specific app is using an Apple technology that does require internet access.

Is there any way to get around this?  I use Emby to access my video library on a boat that does not have access to the internet when not close to shore.  VLC for Apple TV seems to access the Emby library fine without internet access - is there any way to get the Emby App to do the same?

Many thanks.

Is there any way to get around this?  I use Emby to access my video library on a boat that does not have access to the internet when not close to shore.  VLC for Apple TV seems to access the Emby library fine without internet access - is there any way to get the Emby App to do the same?

Many thanks.

We hope to try to get around it in the future with some trickery on our part but the technology we've used from Apple is an online app delivery method so there is no way around it right now.

thoreed

We hope to try to get around it in the future with some trickery on our part but the technology we've used from Apple is an online app delivery method so there is no way around it right now.

Ok - thank you for the quick response.

Ohadian

yes, i have an active internet connection. last version of the server on my win10 PC (4.1.1.0)

it used to work late last year but haven't used it since then. now the app on the Apple TV wont even open. tried resetting, restarting, reinstalling. nothing helps. 

• 2 weeks later...

@@Ohadian Are you willing to try the beta version of the app to see if it works for you?

If so, please PM me your Apple ID for the device.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...
Androidtwo

i am getting this same error was working earlier today when i went to sleep my android box working fine same message as first post 

i am getting this same error was working earlier today when i went to sleep my android box working fine same message as first post 

@@Androidtwo Are you willing to try the beta version of the app to see if it works for you?

If so, please PM @@ebr your Apple ID for the device.

Thanks.

Hi.  Did your Apple TV lose internet connectivity?