Emby App Not Opening on Apple TV

JulesRules6770

JulesRules6770

Hello everyone,

For the past couple of days, Emby doesn't open. I click on the Emby app, it looks like it's about to open then takes me back to the Apple TV app Menu. Is anyone else having this issue? I have 2 Apple TVs in my home and this problem appears to be happening with both. Thank you. 

WayKulJr
Hey JulesRules,

Same thing here. Noticed it last weekend for the 1st time and I have Apple 4k and Apple 4th gen. streamers. Hasn't worked since. Happening on both. Still working fine via web browser on the workstation and also iOS. Seems to be an issue strictly with tvOS here.

JulesRules6770

Hey JulesRules,

Same thing here. Noticed it last weekend for the 1st time and I have Apple 4k and Apple 4th gen. streamers. Hasn't worked since. Happening on both. Still working fine via web browser on the workstation and also iOS. Seems to be an issue strictly with tvOS here.

Thank you so much for your response. Hopefully it'll get fixed real soon.   :)

JulesRules6770

What version of emby server are you running?

I'm using version 1.4.0. It was updated to that version on January 30th.

WayKulJr

Great catch.  Emby server is Version 3.2.70.0 so it appears I'm quite a bit behind.  Looks like tvOS was updated with a security update on or around 1/22 which I didn't realize so that may be what broke the client app.  As soon as I up the server version to the new 4.0.2.0 and try it again, I'll post back.  Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
swsmith1971

Since, this last update to Apple TV, (which I have Apple TV 4K), I have not been able to get past the "Starting Up" screen.  I have tried rebooting, from the apple system menu and have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.  I am running server Version 3.2.33.0, because your software doesn't support any higher version on Mac OS X 10.11 on my MacPro.  I've since had to use VLC on Apple TV to watch from my machine.  It sucks.

Since, this last update to Apple TV, (which I have Apple TV 4K), I have not been able to get past the "Starting Up" screen.  I have tried rebooting, from the apple system menu and have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it.  I am running server Version 3.2.33.0, because your software doesn't support any higher version on Mac OS X 10.11 on my MacPro.  I've since had to use VLC on Apple TV to watch from my machine.  It sucks.

I'm sure this is a problem with the server version.  The app requires at least 3.4.1.

swsmith1971

I'm sure this is a problem with the server version.  The app requires at least 3.4.1.

It worked before this last update. Well, I guess I'm screwed, cause I can't afford to go out and spend thousands of dollars on a new Mac Pro just so that I can update to a new server version, so that my emby app on my Apple TV 4K will work again.

WayKulJr

I spaced on replying back so my apologies.  My situation was resolved by upgrading the server to 4.0.2.0 and everything is working really great.  Thank you all for the timely replies and again, I'm sorry I didn't post back sooner.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
leebma

Hi,

same issue here. I am running Server version 4.1.1.0. - Problem is resolved when I restart emby server, but thats not a solution....

• 3 weeks later...
Senna

any update on the issue? im using the last server's version and an apple TV 4gen. no go.

Specify Emby server platform and Emby Server version number.

Ohadian

yes, restarting, reinstalling both server and apps. the app just doesnt load. it shows the emby logo and then goes back to the home screen.