Trouble adding series '24'

swhitmore

swhitmore

Hey, I'm having trouble adding the series '24'. I think the issue could be related to the fact that I only have the specials (season 0) in the folder so far. I'll be adding the latest series when it airs tonight. As you can see in the first screenshot, there is no option to 'identify' the series, however there the option is there for the season 0.

Server Log MBS Version 3.0.5236.40234

53670d19e48c1_Capture1.jpg

53670d248fec8_Capture2.jpg

53670d4fca806_Capture3.jpg

Edited by swhitmore

Koleckai Silvestri

Add a season 01 folder. You don't need to put anything in it. Once it is created, you can identify the series. Once you have the current season folder, you can delete season 01.

swhitmore

Looks like it fixed itself after I ran the library scan again. I had to manually refresh the episode and remove the incorrect images though.

Edited by swhitmore

This gets me every time I add a new series.  We simply don't handle it well at all.  If there isn't a season folder or series.xml in there we just won't identify it as a series (because it is just a folder at that point).

I have suggested that we treat all top-level folders in a "TV" type media folder as series but Luke has had reservations about that.

• Like 2

CBers

@@ebr - how do you add a new series, manually or another way?

I don't have any issues at all when adding a new show.

Koleckai Silvestri

I am not ebr but when I add a new series, it is usually manually. In order for Media Browser to recognize it as a series, it needs a folder, a series.xml file and a subfolder named Season 01. Even then I have to manually identify it most of the time. Until all that occurs, Auto-organize fails.

CBers

I use *censored*, and it creates the series folder and series.xml file.

MB3 then sees it and starts to download backdrops - this has just happened with a new series I've just added.

Once the show is aired, *censored* creates the Season folder and then MB3 does the rest.

EDIT: Didn't realise this thread was in the public domain  :blink:

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

swhitmore

I use *censored*, and it creates the series folder and series.xml file.

MB3 then sees it and starts to download backdrops - this has just happened with a new series I've just added.

Once the show is aired, *censored* creates the Season folder and then MB3 does the rest.

EDIT: Didn't realise this thread was in the public domain  :blink:

I use SB too. When it creates the series folder for the first time, MBS picks it up but doesn't parse it as a TV series. I have to rescan then delete any incorrect metadata and images it created.

Koleckai Silvestri

The folders by SB are the ones I have to add folders and empty files to in order to get them to gather metadata. For other shows, I have a custom proprietary PVR that records and moves files for me. It creates folders as needed based on the series and season. Every episode is properly named and recognized within 10 seconds of copying. Even queries thetvdb.com to keep track of missing episodes.

CBers, the reason it works for you is because you have [some app] creating a series.xml file for you.  That is telling MB that it is a series.  I don't do that.  If you just create a folder like WL said, it gets picked up by us as just a folder.  Then, if you add a season folder after that, things really go wonky as MB will probably identify that as some strange movie.

You have to get a season folder in there and then do another manual library scan for everything to fix itself up but the initial experience is less than stellar.  My opinion is, if you designate a media folder as TV, then we should assume all top level folders are series.  Of course we'd have to test that this doesn't mess anything else up but it doesn't seem that it should (never know though).

I guess it would eliminate the ability to organize your TV into sub-folders...

• Like 2

CBers

For those people that don't use [some app], couldn't an option be added to MB3 to allow a new TV series to be added, so that the relevant series folder and series.xml file are created?

• 2 weeks later...
allen00se

For those people that don't use [some app], couldn't an option be added to MB3 to allow a new TV series to be added, so that the relevant series folder and series.xml file are created?

I vote for this as well... why can't the identify button be there and be used as a trigger for MB3 to build the proper file structure? Its so frustrating right now I am trying to set up a new TV show and I have a folder, a series.xml, and a Season 01 sub folder and it still isnt being handled as a TV series.