Emby for Fire TV 1.6.79a APK - direct download

creativeblends

supermau

I have the same problem with my Firestick here in Mexico. I don't understand the reason for the geographical restriction! I have emby installed on my Roku, Android Phone, Nvidia Shield without issues! Couldn't you fix this issue with Amazon?

emby.png

Gilgamesh_48
45 minutes ago, supermau said:

Couldn't you fix this issue with Amazon?

At times Amazon is very easy to deal with. However as far as "policies" go they can be very stubborn. This seems to be an issue that really makes no sense but the person that can actually change it may be very hard to find and then even harder to deal with. For apps like Emby there is really no reason to not allow it to be purchased everywhere but logic really has little to do with bureaucracies and Amazon is a horrendously large bureaucracy. 

In the case of Amazon it might be easier for a customer to get a change made than it is for a company so you might try calling Amazon yourself and making a pest out of yourself. Be sure you are a polite pest but keep pressing and get escalated. Be sure you are talking to people that actually can make changes to their app store permissions or at least get those that can make changes to understand that a change is needed.

I mostly like my Fire stick but because it is fully under control by Amazon it is quite frustrating to use and maintain at times.

You can wait for Amazon to fix the issue or you can get something else to replace the sFire devices you have or you can move to a place where Amazon supports Emby on the Fire. Personally, in your case, I would just get a different device. The Fire really brings nothing unique to the table.

• Thanks 1

supermau
11 minutes ago, Gilgamesh_48 said:

At times Amazon is very easy to deal with. However as far as "policies" go they can be very stubborn. This seems to be an issue that really makes no sense but the person that can actually change it may be very hard to find and then even harder to deal with. For apps like Emby there is really no reason to not allow it to be purchased everywhere but logic really has little to do with bureaucracies and Amazon is a horrendously large bureaucracy. 

In the case of Amazon it might be easier for a customer to get a change made than it is for a company so you might try calling Amazon yourself and making a pest out of yourself. Be sure you are a polite pest but keep pressing and get escalated. Be sure you are talking to people that actually can make changes to their app store permissions or at least get those that can make changes to understand that a change is needed.

I mostly like my Fire stick but because it is fully under control by Amazon it is quite frustrating to use and maintain at times.

You can wait for Amazon to fix the issue or you can get something else to replace the sFire devices you have or you can move to a place where Amazon supports Emby on the Fire. Personally, in your case, I would just get a different device. The Fire really brings nothing unique to the table.

I will try the Amazon support route but I am sure it will be a waste of time, haha.

I completely agree with you about just replacing FireStick. I got an Nvidia Shield and couldn't be happier! I just wanted to give the FireStick to my girlfriend with emby on it, I guess I will just throw it where it belongs... to the trash!!!