Emby for Fire TV 1.6.79a APK - direct download

creativeblends

creativeblends

Hi guys,

I need to sideload the Emby app because of geolocation restriction. Can someone share with me the latest APK for the Fire TV?

Thanks in advance.

So the Amazon App Store does not work in Mexico?  We are available in all regions where Amazon sells apps.

If the App store isn't available, then you will have to have an Emby Premiere subscription for the app to work long term.

However, we don't publish the apk for side loading at this time.

creativeblends

hmmm that is disappointing. So you suggest me to use the Google Play app that I got sideloaded and to buy premiere for it even though this app shouldn't even work on Fire Stick as stated before?

I think this is definitely enough reason for me not to invest in Emby. I hoped for much better support to be honest and a real solution. It seems it wasn't meant for me.

One thing I do want to point out is that I don't get rid of the feeling that you guys are accusing me of something. And what the heck means this?

So the Amazon App Store does not work in Mexico?

I mean you guys are the devs. You should know where it is available and where not. I was a potential customer, interested in buying Premiere lifetime subscription. And that's how you treat a customer like that? Wow.

This is by the way what I see. Maybe it's your setup that doesn't allow me to download Emby:

rOUe2HR.png

I do can download for example VLC so it's not the store that is not available. It's your app that is not.

Cheers!

Are you able to download other apps that have in-app purchases?

Are you using a VPN such that it looks like (to Amazon) that you are actually somewhere other than Mexico?

Are you using a VPN such that it looks like (to Amazon) that you are actually somewhere other than Mexico?

Amazon hate VPN's, if that is the problem, is better open another account on Amazon without VPN using the plain ISP of your country.

That's how i use "Prime Services" out and inside USA for that kind of services on Amazon.

Amazon track everything you can imagine.

EDIT: The Apps on Amazon are restricted by geo location. So, no VPN allowed.

Edited by HRSCR

creativeblends

Yeah, no VPN allowed. And since I'm a developer myself I don't want to risk any ban on that platform. (I'm not publishing on there right now, but I just don't want to risk it for any future use). Also,  I tried with VPN but it's the same, it's the account that is set to a specific country and (I guess the payment option). So I didn't dig deeper there either.

That might be the problem. Idk. I can't download Plex for example either, that's for sure...

@ you are in Mexico, correct?

According my pfsense computer/dedicated router, and my full time Torguard VPN service with dedicated IP... I'm in New York

Costa Rica you can say

@@ebr @@Luke

Handy information about geolocation and VPN's.

Is very important know that no all VPN services can managed geolocation with several streaming services USA domestic content.

NordVPN, ExpressVPN, PIA (not recommended), and another "popular" VPN services are having a lot of problems with this geolocation and blocked USA content. I spend 3 years looking for a service that really works, testing VPN services (around 20) and at the end of the days my solution works very well. Meanwhile i write this i'm watching abc7 on https://abc.go.com/watch-live .

1- To start, normally the people contract whatever VPN service and don't get the info properly about the streaming that the VPN they contract can handle.

2- Pay a recursive montly Dedicated IP on many VPN's is not the solution to that, but the better is: NEVER use a shared IP on any of those services.

3- Geolocation and restrictions outside of USA is a pain in the "a.." for Latin America. Saddly the policies applied to the services are the model applied to Mexico, and my country, by example, has nothing to do with any other country in the area, my country is democracy based in the USA model. Plus, our rights to copyrights are differents to any other country in the area, but we are a small country and the companies don't do the exception of their services for only 3 million people that leave here. There's a lot of confusion with the "political" stand in Latin America, ("the wall" and inmigration is trending) and that's why USA or the companies apply the same policy to the whole area.

4- Knowing the policies of many companies in USA with Latin America is what you need to know. Roku is an extreme example of that.

5- Companies policies are different.

Services.

- SlingTV, FuboTV, Amazon Prime, Roku, Hulu, Showtime, HBO, DirectTV, PSVUE, YoutubeTV and others are not "flexible" in any way to get USA content.

- Stand alone services how HBO, Showtime, ABC, CBS, HGTV, Hallmark, etc... are available accross platforms how Fubotv or SlingTV.

Latin America cable and steaming content is managed for one billionare Mexican guy/company and shared with another people/companies in Argentina.

The content that Latin America can get is a very old content with horrible translations and is the same in any Latin American country, with a little excepcions on Mexico or Argentina markets. You can call this content how "garbage" channels and content.

Netflix and Youtube Premiun in other hand, are more flexible and you can get their services and use the content according your location, HOWEVER Netflix needs a good VPN or you can't switch your content depending of your location.

I found what i write above, because I visit USA around each month, more or less, for work and bussiness, and i had problems to access content in USA, cuz i was open my accounts in CR. So, my solution was open the new services with my VPN in USA and drop the CR services.

I start with Sling almost two years ago, then, I switch to FuboTV cuzz my kids watch a lot of soccer.

My setup is thinking in use the services and location for my Smart TV's, TV boxes, and browse the Internet, ONLY. I NEVER, never, install any app on any mobile phones of my family.

My personal phone is the only device that use a secondary dedicated IP with the VPN client installed, 'cause Google.

Other countries with different copyrights agreements with US, like UK can get some content in his own local Amazon Stores, but not all, so... the solution is almost the same.

For shared family services with Google, like Youtube Premium, each member of my family just open a new google account that they never use in their phones, using one computer in my house via VPN. The address that i use in USA is the house of my sister that i use to stay when i trip to USA.

You have to do the things right, and know many things about your ISP, etc.

Hope this help.

Edited by HRSCR

Okay, so I see that the Fire TV Stick basic edition is the only device supported in Mexico.  I assume that isn't what you have or you didn't purchase it in Mexico?

Most of the devices depends of the account country, not of the device itself.

I have a Roku Ultra 4 and with the USA account and the VPN works with all USA content, with the CR account works with the country restrictions to CR. The same happens with Nvidia Shield, and Android Boxes. Same happens with Smart TV's like Samsung or LG.

The only devices made it for specific region is the HDHomeRum (TV standards)

Amazon may have actual device restrictions.  It isn't entirely clear here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201624360

I read your link and you can use the devices in any country that you want with a proper VPN and an Amazon account set to USA.  Period.

No proper VPN, you doesn't get the services.

Amazon sucks really big.

creativeblends

Fire Stick 4k isn't sold here yet (officially). So we buy them as import goods which has a very big tradition here anyways (fayuca). Amazon Prime etc is all available though. 

But yeah, I never thought that Amazon would suck that much when it comes down to their appstore. But then, I didn't think that getting the APK from you guys or from another place would be so difficult either. I mean anyone who already downloaded the app could share it, right? There are hundreds of marketplaces with APK (and mirrors) for Google Play Store. Isn't there at least one for Amazon Store?

Anyways, I'm back to Plex after that experience (and some others that I can't make Emby recognize metadata even though I tell it a hundred times what movie is what). At least I could sideload Plex without any problem.

Cheers!

Fire Stick 4k isn't sold here yet (officially). So we buy them as import goods which has a very big tradition here anyways (fayuca). Amazon Prime etc is all available though. 

But yeah, I never thought that Amazon would suck that much when it comes down to their appstore. But then, I didn't think that getting the APK from you guys or from another place would be so difficult either. I mean anyone who already downloaded the app could share it, right? There are hundreds of marketplaces with APK (and mirrors) for Google Play Store. Isn't there at least one for Amazon Store?

Anyways, I'm back to Plex after that experience (and some others that I can't make Emby recognize metadata even though I tell it a hundred times what movie is what). At least I could sideload Plex without any problem.

Cheers!

Try Torguard VPN with a dedicated IP

• 8 months later...
dcantu96

Im having the same issue can you please give us the amazon app to sideload it? Im also in mexico and bought the firestick but I just cant load the emby app

• 2 weeks later...
thwolf2308

Weil dafür muss ich mich mit Bankdaten Adresse ect anmelden,sonst kann man keine Apps vom Store laden. Also wäre schön wenn einer eine aktuelle emby APK für mich hätte. Besten Dank

Hi.  At this time, the app does require store distribution and compliance with the region restrictions of Amazon.

Thanks.