New setup, migration from mariadb

apw63

I’d like to move to a Emby server based media managed setup. I have synology DS918+ (4x10tb ironwolf drives), Nvidia shield, 1 4K fire tv, 1 4K fire stick and 2 raspberry pi’s all running Kodi. Synology is running mariadb and all of the Kodi installs have advancedsetting.xml.

I’d like to get the best start so should I before install, remove the advancedsetting.xml and sources.xml flies? Should I also remove all of the nfo and artwork with in the tv and movie folders? Would it be best to let Emby rescrap and setup all of this info? I looked at a couple tutorials, did not see any info on removing nfo and artwork. I’m mot really concerned with current watched stated at the moment.

Thank you for any information,

hi @@apw63, my suggestion would be to not remove anything. Emby can work with your existing nfo metadata. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Thank you I’ll let you know how it goes. I’ll hold off on the 2 rasp pi’s, sounds like the Emby pi image is still having growing pains. If possible I’d like to dump Kodi all together.