Emby Theater Sleep Double Bug

BurntTech

BurntTech

So i've got a a double bug using emby theater as a client on a NUC. The purpose is to use this in a kiosk mode. Long story short I fixed the resize emby issue by disabling scaling in windows 10. During testing of the sleep on this NUC I noticed two bugs. The sleep button in Emby Theater goes into a hibernation state instead of sleep. The keyboard can't wake it in this state. The NUC power light goes out but if I press it the unit fires up and comes up with the windows still open. I'm not sure how to determine what S state it went into. If I let the computer sleep testing with one minute the computer stays online and power LED lit like emby theater is keeping it awake. This doesn't happen every time where it doesn't sleep most of them. I'm not sure this one counts as a bug yet as it does work sometimes. When waking up with emby theater still running it will only play video as a black screen. I noticed this on the times when waking it would still be full screen. If emby gets resized during receiver and monitor booting it will play in the windowed mode defaults to 1080p and will also play at 4k full screen. I'm assuming this might be like the issues i've seen in linux where the media player is detached or hidden behind. Does the client have any logs that would help?

Emby Theater is the only application running on this computer

BurntTech

I think sleep functioning is best answer for HTPCs. In mean time I tried to use tasks and idle tasks to shutdown but emby theater stops the idle task from shutting down. 

Currently I ended up using registry edit to change the sleep button on the media remote to cause the NUC to shutdown.