Localhost:8096 refuses to connect after a few minutes

Ringo598

Ringo598

Hi there, I'm having a weird issue where the Emby is refusing to connect.  I try localhost:8096 and it will work directly after I do a restart via 'sudo service emby-server restart".  I can get to the dashboard, but I can't do anything else, if I click anything like the options nothing happens.  After about 2 minutes, if I refresh the webpage I get the page refused to connect.  Its the latest version (downloaded a few days ago) and is running on a Pi 3+ that is also running Pihole.  Its connected directly to the router via cable.  CPU usage on the box is low.

Any idea whats up?  Thanks!

Edit, I went and grabbed the logs after reading other posts, it definately shows some sort of error that I don't understand.  Here's the log:

Edit #2.  So I see there is 4.0.2.0 and I have 4.0.1.0, so I uninstalled the old version, installed the new one.  I was able to add both my libraries, the scan completed and I went to the main dashboard.  And..its locked me out and says refused to connect again!  Here's the new log:

embyserver.txt

embyserverNEW.txt

Edited by Ringo598

• 3 weeks later...

hi @@Ringo598, there is an issue with our Smb protocol support. What you can do to work around this is remove the libraries from Emby that are using SMB or UNC (\\) paths. 

Then, in your operating system, mount those network shares to local paths, and add the local paths to Emby. This is actually a better approach anyway. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !