Force Media Scan Available on Android TV????

troyhough

troyhough

I know you can force a scan from the Android app as well as through a web browser but haven't seen where to do it on my Nvidia Shield. If I am logged in as an Administrator, shouldn't there be an option to force a Media Scan?

maegibbons

Hi

You can "refresh" an individual item from the three dot menu on the detail page.

There is no option to force a full Library scan.

Krs

Mark

CBers

Might be worth asking if @@ebr can add a REFRESH option at the library level, similar to the PLAY option now available.

• Like 2

troyhough

Hi

You can "refresh" an individual item from the three dot menu on the detail page.

Krs

Mark

What does this do exactly?

What does this do exactly?

The exact same thing a "Refresh - replace all metadata" does from the web app.

troyhough

The exact same thing a "Refresh - replace all metadata" does from the web app.

So if there's new content on your server, but Emby hasn't done a scan recently, there's no way to get to it with the Android TV app at the moment?

troyhough

Not at this time but it's possible for the future. thanks.

I think it would be very beneficial. Thanks

• 9 months later...
prunhardt

Not at this time but it's possible for the future. thanks.

Any update on this? I'm missing this option as well, at least until an automatic refresh is possible when content is added to the server (you already explained that is not possible yet).

Edited by prunhardt

... at least until an automatic refresh is possible when content is added to the server (you already explained that is not possible yet).

Hi.  Those would be two different things.  What, exactly are you after here - the app interface to update with content your server has recently ingested, or to force the server to ingest content it hasn't yet?

troyhough

Hi.  Those would be two different things.  What, exactly are you after here - the app interface to update with content your server has recently ingested, or to force the server to ingest content it hasn't yet?

I believe he is wanting a media refresh button in the Android TV app.

prunhardt

I am indeed. Thank you.

I am using the app on Nvidia Shield btw, but I guess that if it's available for Android TV, it will be for Android TV on Nvidia Shield as well?

But what does that mean?

Specifically....

What, exactly are you after here - the app interface to update with content your server has recently ingested, or to force the server to ingest content it hasn't yet?

prunhardt

It means that I would like to be able to scan for library files in the Emby app, either by a seperate button on the main screen for all libraries or from within a library for that library only. Hope this is specific enough?

So, the second answer to my question?

to force the server to ingest content it hasn't yet?

Because the statement you made here:

until an automatic refresh is possible when content is added to the server (you already explained that is not possible yet).

would indicate something different.  The app would not be in control of any sort of automatic refresh for the server to ingest new content but the server does have the ability to do that if the file system supports it.

prunhardt

Correct. In this case the file system doesn't support it, so the server won't be triggered to scan the library when new content has been added.

Hence the wish to trigger the scan manually from the app. Are there concrete plans to put that functionality in?

• 7 months later...
redbulljane

Has this been looked into yet?  I have emby server on nvidia shield and running emby client on nvidia shield as well.  What Emby does not do is when I have added new content to the folders in the shield then update to show the programmes in TV shows.  What do I have to do to see it.  Currently I have to go to the Emby web browser on my laptop, go to TV shows and tell it manually to do a refresh which is a pain. 

Edited by redbulljane

redbulljane

has this been looked into yet?  I have emby server on nvidia shield and running emby client on nvidia shield as well.  What Emby does not do is when I have added new content to the folders in the shield then update to show the programmes in TV shows.  What do I have to do to see it.  Currently I have to go to the Emby web browser on my laptop, go to TV shows and tell it manually to do a refresh which is a pain. 

• 1 year later...
lightsout
On 12/4/2019 at 3:05 PM, ebr said:

It will get in there eventually - most likely as a long-press/menu option from the library tile.

Any plans on this? Would be nice to long press a library tile and have it scan. Sometimes things are being added and not popping up in between scans.

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

Any plans on this? Would be nice to long press a library tile and have it scan. Sometimes things are being added and not popping up in between scans.

Hi, if you want to sideload our standard android app on the same device, then you'll have this now:

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

• Like 1