For Version 4.0.2.0 Mixed Content

One2Go

@@One2Go

Do you see this issue in the Metadata Manager also?

I sure do see the same thing in the meta data manager. Just the Blu-ray folders are showing up and all the other folders in the same nested folder have disappeared. This is for the Terminator Coll. and the Rush Coll.

Chien-Tsu

This isn't just mixed content. My TV library listed as TV Shows has had the exact same Issue. Folder structure is as follows:

TV Series/

0-99/

9-1-1 (2018)

19-2 (2014)

A/

Allegiance (2015)

Animal Kingdom (2016)

And so on through to Z.

After updating Emby has decided that the letter folders are the TV Show and I can't access anything further than that.

This isn't just mixed content. My TV library listed as TV Shows has had the exact same Issue. Folder structure is as follows:

TV Series/

0-99/

9-1-1 (2018)

19-2 (2014)

A/

Allegiance (2015)

Animal Kingdom (2016)

And so on through to Z.

After updating Emby has decided that the letter folders are the TV Show and I can't access anything further than that.

If you wish to keep that physical structure, I suggest pointing the library to the 0-99, A, B etc. folders instead of "TV Series".

Happy2Play

TV Series/

0-99/

9-1-1 (2018)

19-2 (2014)

A/

Allegiance (2015)

Animal Kingdom (2016)

And so on through to Z.

OT:  This feature has not made it to stable release yet.

• Improve series folder detection

I know it works in beta 4.1.0.8 as I just tested.

5c64b289d8879_complex1.jpg

5c64b2963b64b_complex2.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

haven't used it in Beta, that structure has worked fine since I started using Mediabrowser.

I'll redo it as suggested.

OT:  Sorry content type "TV Shows" has not supported that structure in a long time.  But will in a future release as it works in current beta.

Happy2Play

@@Happy2Play, thanks for testing. would you mind recreating that same library as a Movies library and let me know how that compares? thanks.

My stable server has always had a library like that without issue.

Sorry which issue are we talking about, the OP?

Edited by Happy2Play

My stable server has always had a library like that without issue.

Sorry which issue are we talking about, the OP?

Yea with the terminator collection.

Happy2Play

Yea with the terminator collection.

All items appear when placed in Content type Movies (grouped into Collection do to AutoBoxset plugin).

Only a issue in Mixed Content. 

It has something to do with having a single BDMV in that nested collection.  So if all movies items are movie/file and one in BDMV, only the BDMV appears outside the nested Collection folder.  As noted above removing the BDMV item the other 4 appear in Nested Collection folder.  So something draws single BDMVs up one level and ignore the rest of the media in that Nested Collection folder.  Tried adding Movie extras folders to movie/file folder but made no difference.

If more than one BDMV and Movie/file exist in Nested Collection folder this is not a issue all items appear properly.  Hope that make since.

Note only tested this specific scenario. 4.0.2.0

Just tested DVD and it behaves the same way.  As long as there is more that one (Bluray and/or DVD) nested they appear properly.

Edited by Happy2Play

Confirmed resolved in 4.1.0.9.

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this and correcting it. So please let me know if this now working in mixed content:

Some Movie Folder Coll / Movie 1 / BDMV

Some Movie Folder Coll / Movie 2 / Movie-2.H264.mkv

Some Movie Folder Coll / Movie 3 / Movie-3.H264.mkv

I use nested folders and don't create collections or use some other plug-in that does box sets.

Finally the only reason that I switched from content = Movies to content = Mixed the content = Movies no longer showed the nested folder structure. Here is what I am trying to achieve:

In my video wall in EMC with the Throgsoft themes I want all my movies in alphabetic order which means that in the section starting with a B the Bladerunner nested folders will be displayed in their proper alphabetic order. I don't use collections because it was too much effort to go through my movies and restructure them plus I was not sure if in EMC they would appear in the proper order. When switching from MB 2.6.2 to Emby 3.* I had to tick the Legacy browsing in the configuration to get the desired display.

This whole discussion on Legacy browsing, Nested folders and collection has blurred for me what these designations mean, what the structure is on what the benefit is of one over the other.

I really appreciate you staying on top of this and shed some light on this so that I can spend more time watching the content then rather organizing it.

Happy2Play

Thanks for getting to the bottom of this and correcting it. So please let me know if this now working in mixed content:

Some Movie Folder Coll / Movie 1 / BDMV

Some Movie Folder Coll / Movie 2 / Movie-2.H264.mkv

Some Movie Folder Coll / Movie 3 / Movie-3.H264.mkv

I use nested folders and don't create collections or use some other plug-in that does box sets.

Finally the only reason that I switched from content = Movies to content = Mixed the content = Movies no longer showed the nested folder structure. Here is what I am trying to achieve:

In my video wall in EMC with the Throgsoft themes I want all my movies in alphabetic order which means that in the section starting with a B the Bladerunner nested folders will be displayed in their proper alphabetic order. I don't use collections because it was too much effort to go through my movies and restructure them plus I was not sure if in EMC they would appear in the proper order. When switching from MB 2.6.2 to Emby 3.* I had to tick the Legacy browsing in the configuration to get the desired display.

This whole discussion on Legacy browsing, Nested folders and collection has blurred for me what these designations mean, what the structure is on what the benefit is of one over the other.

I really appreciate you staying on top of this and shed some light on this so that I can spend more time watching the content then rather organizing it.

Yes the Terminator example I posted in post 23 is appearing correctly now in Mixed Content. beta 4.1.0.9

Edited by Happy2Play