For Version 4.0.2.0 Mixed Content

One2Go

@@Luke I am running version 4.0.1.0 and I have no complaints but before updating would you please be so kind to enlarge on the release note "Various fixes for mixed content detection"

Since I converted all my content = movies to content = mixed will this change effect the nested movie folders detection?

Also since my Documentary library has movies and TV shows in them again will this change effect the detection.

@@Luke and @@Happy2Play

After updating to version 4.0.2.0 and scanning the Movies library having Content = Mixed it no longer displays top folders that have sub folders containing different formats. For example:

In the folder Terminator Collection I have a total of 5 sub folders with images and metadata and in each sub folder is a movie:

Terminator Coll. (Top Folder) has 5 sub folders and each folder contains its own media.

Terminator 1 has a Full Blu-ray with a BDMV folder

Terminator 2 just has a M2TS file.

Terminator 3 has a M2TS file

Terminator Salvation has a M2TS file

Terminator Genesys has a MKV file

They all are very similar video and audio formats like 1080p and either DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1

After the scan finished it had just found the Blu-ray folder and displayed it at the top level in the Web app, but not the other 4 folders with MKV and M2TS files. After removing the Blu-ray folder the scan then found the 4 folders and displayed them below the top folder in the Web app.

Next a power cycle of the PC then add the Blu-ray folder again and scan. After the scan finished it was back to having Lost the 4 folders with the M2TS and MKV files and it just displayed only the Blu-ray folder at the top level.

So please tell me how to go back to version 4.0.1.0 because I have by now spent too much time in getting my setup to work. Is it as easy as renaming the folder system to system.bad and rename the folder system.old to system?

Thanks

O2G

@@Luke this is how the folder is setup top folder with 5 subfolders.

Terminator Coll.

Terminator 1 (BDMV folder in it)

Terminator 2 (M2TS file)

Terminator 3 (M2TS file)

Terminator Salvation (M2TS file)

Terminator Genesys (MKV file)

This seems to be only the case if the Top folder has a sub folder with a Blu-ray in it and a different sub folder on the same level with H.264 file in it as shown in the structure above.

This combination works:

Blade Runner Coll.

Blade Runner 1982 (Blu-ray)

Blade Runner 2049 (Blu-ray)

On the Edge of Blade Runner (MPEG2 TV cap in a MKV container)

In any occasion I feel much better if I can go back to version 4.0.1.0 since it worked. I posted this question before updating as I wanted to be cautious. So please help me to get back to version 4.0.1.0

Thanks

The scan finds the Blade Runner collection. Also a combination under a top folder of a sub folder with a Blu-ray folder and a separate sub folder with a DVD folders the scan finds.

Edited by One2Go

Everything was written in the first post maybe this explanation will work this time. Here is the folder structure:

Terminator Coll.

Terminator 2 (M2TS file)

Terminator 3 (M2TS file)

After the scan ONLY the Terminator 1 folder was found and is being displayed by itself in the Web app the other 4 folders are nowhere to be found and seem to not exist.

NEXT STEP:

Delete the Blu-ray folder and rescan the library. Blu-ray folder is gone and the 4 other Terminator folders appear nested under the top folder Terminator Coll.

I have not been successful to add the Blu-ray folder Terminator 1 to the Terminator Coll. folder. Either it is the 4 folders with the single M2TS or MKV files in it and NO Blu-ray folder

OR

It is the Blu-ray folder but none of the other 4 folders.

Somewhere I read that the top folder seems to lock the folders below, well it looks like that a mixed content below a folder can not exist. So whatever changes were made hosed this one.

Going to be d now and I have no idea how you @@Luke can answer all these messages unless you have a few clones :D

GreyBeard

Everything was written in the first post maybe this explanation will work this time. Here is the folder structure:

Terminator Coll.

Terminator 2 (M2TS file)

Terminator 3 (M2TS file)

I'm guessing the structure is 

/Terminator Coll.

/Terminator 1

/BDMV

Terminator 1 bluray.mkv

poster.jpg

background.jpg

etc

Terminator 1.m2ts

poster.jpg

background.jpg

etc   

/Terminator 2

Terminator 2.m2ts

poster.jpg

background.jpg

etc

/Terminator 3

Terminator 3.m2ts

poster.jpg

background.jpg

etc

/Terminator Genesys

Terminator Genesys.mkv

poster.jpg

The correct folder structure for multiple versions of a movie when you have different formats or different versions (extended, directors cut, etc) would be to have the Termintor 1 structure like this.  

/Terminator Coll.

/Terminator 1

Terminator 1 -bluray.mkv

Terminator 1 -standard.m2ts

poster.jpg

background.jpg

etc

Basically get rid of the bluray subfolder and put the bluray version in the same terminator 1 folder with the exact same name as the folder adding -bluray to the name and -standard (or whatever you want it to show) to the other. Then when you select the movie there is a dropdown to choose which one you want to play on the web client. On my rokus when I say play it asks which version I want. 

Edited by GreyBeard

How can I make this much clearer.

Terminator Coll.

Terminator 1

/BDMV

Terminator 2

/Terminator2.m2ts

Terminator 3

/Terminator3.m2ts

Terminator Salvation

/Terminator.Salvation.m2ts

Terminator.Genisys

/Terminator.Genisys.mkv

So no multiple versions, one folder one media type.

Edited by One2Go

How can I make this much clearer.

Terminator Coll.

Terminator 1/BDMV

Terminator 2/Terminator2.m2ts

Terminator 3/Terminator3.m2ts

Terminator Salvation/Terminator.Salvation.m2ts

Terminator.Genisys/Terminator.Genisys.mkv

So no multiple versions, one folder one media type.

GreyBeard

So terminator 1 only has one type the bluray? What is the filename for the terminator 1 video?

Edited by GreyBeard

It is a BDMV folder and please don't tell me to convert it to mkv, it worked perfectly with version 4.0.1.0 changes were made in the mixed content part in version 4.0.2.0

Why is no one answering my several times repeated question "How to go back to version 4.0.1.0"!

GreyBeard

It is a BDMV folder and please don't tell me to convert it to mkv, it worked perfectly with version 4.0.1.0 changes were made in the mixed content part in version 4.0.2.0

Why is no one answering my several times repeated question "How to go back to version 4.0.1.0"!

I have no clue how to go back a version. I'm just a user like you. My last solution to an issue was delete everything and start over. I don't use direct bluray rips and didn't know that a BDMV folder was full of vob files until I just googled it since you wouldn't expand your answer. All of my rips are automated and I don't really pay attention to the details as long as the final outcome is what I want. It's my understanding from some of @@Luke posts that emby doesn't officially support nested folders with vob files. 

Just out of curiosity why don't you want to make it into an mkv file? It can be done with no loss.

This forum is full of the discussion of Blu-ray verses mkv files and I am not repeating it here.

DVDs have VOBs, BDMVs have m2ts files. Thanks for trying as a user but this needs either @@Luke or @@Happy2Play or @cajars reply.

GreyBeard

Just out of curiosity, have you tried not having them in a collection folder? Removing that one level of depth may solve the problem. I'm sure that one of them will answer when they get the chance.

Please read the prior posts, this has been answered the problem is that two different formats in the same sub folders does not work. I am not interested in trying a workaround for something that no longer works in version 4.0.2.0

These are two screen shots of the folder structure. The first is that of the Rush Collection with a Blu-ray folder in it and the scan will only find the one folder "Lauda - the Untold story (2015)" which is a Blu-ray folder but not the other two. If I take that Blu-ray folder out then the scan finds the other two entries "Hunt vs. Lauda" and "Rush (2013).

5c64619087d9e_RushColl.jpg

Same with the Terminator Coll. It finds the 4 sub folders that each have a single media file in it. As soon as I add the folder Terminator 1 which is a Blu-ray folder the scan no longer finds the 4 folders that have single media files in them but just finds the Blu-ray folder.

5c6461b098ebc_TerminatorColl.jpg

Please find a solution to this problem.

CBers

Shutdown Emby, rename the system folder to system.4.0.2.0, then rename system.old to system and then restart Emby.

You'll need to disable auto updates prior to the initial shutdown.

Upto you if you want to do that.

CBers

Might be worth considering going forward though.

Makes life easier and you don't need to use MIXED CONTENT libraries.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

@@Luke @@Happy2Play How do I get back to server version 4.0.1.0 is it simply renaming the directories system to system.xyz and system.old to system?

Thanks

O2G

Yes, that is all you need to do.  Just like @@CBers mentioned above.

I am working on testing this now.

Happy2Play

What exactly happens with terminator collection? @@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Yes, "BDMV" format appears to be doing the same weird behavior I saw with ".ignore" testing, bringing the item out of the nested folder and hiding all other items from that nested folder.

Only tested the "Terminator" example.

5c648558e2fa1_test.jpg

Yes, "BDMV" format appears to be doing the same weird behavior I saw with ".ignore" testing, bringing the item out of the nested folder and hiding all other items from that nested folder.

Only tested the "Terminator" example.

That has to be it. What you described is what it feels like is happening to every top folder that has sub folders with one of them having a BDMV folder in it and a separate sub folder with a single file of H.264 content and it doesn't matter if it is a M2TS or MKV container.

Here is the weird part, it does not do this if the folder with H.264 single file is being replaced by either a MKV file with MPEG2 video content or a sub folder which has a VIDEO_TS folder for a DVD in it. In other words it almost looks like as if the video format (MPEG2) or the resolution (Not HD) has something to do with how the sub folder with a BDMV in it is being treated. Take a look at the Blade Runner collection, both BDMV and the MPEG2 TV cap was correctly found and displayed after the scan.

5c6499ccdc6df_BladeRunnerColl.jpg

Here is the media info of the file On the Edge of Blade Runner.

5c6499febf85f_EdgeofBladeRunner.jpg

In addition I have a Matrix collection folder also with different content which was correctly scanned but it has no sub folder with a BDMV folder in it. It does contain sub folders with M2TS and MKV files (1080p) plus two sub folders with VIDEO_TS files in it and again correctly scanned and identified.

5c649ae94b1e1_MatrixColl.jpg

Thanks for trying to get to the bottom of this and hopefully you will be successful. I can only imagine the PITA this whole change and update is.

Thanks for your hard work

O2G

Edited by One2Go

Shutdown Emby, rename the system folder to system.4.0.2.0, then rename system.old to system and then restart Emby.

You'll need to disable auto updates prior to the initial shutdown.

Upto you if you want to do that.

Thanks for the help and because of the structure and possible complexity of my libraries I want to have full control over the updates. I disabled the automatic update after version 4.0.1.0 was working for me. Then after the stable release of version 4.0.2.0 I posted a request regarding the changes made to the mixed content and nothing indicated that this would effect my setup. However Murphy's law strikes again and you must hate it as much as I do.

Again thanks for the help and I will be keeping a close watch on this thread to see if Happy2Play can find a solution.