Slow movie scan

paul1965

paul1965

I've seen a few other posts about library scans getting stuck, but I haven't run into the issue until I moved everything over to a new PR4100. The library scan shows that it's stuck at 89.6%, and has been for the last 24 hours. I've tried a couple of reboots and restarting Emby, but it seems to hang there each time. Even though it shows it's stuck, I can see that at least 2 new shows have been added, one overnight and one earlier today. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Emby_log.txt

Hi, it's not stuck, it's just taking a long time. Best thing to do is just be patient and allow it to finish. If you update to version 4.0, it will perform faster. Thanks.

paul1965

You confused the heck outta me! I assume you changed subject of my post based on the log. I'll let the scan go a bit longer and see what happens. Based on some of the other (minor) issues I've had, I've been debating whether I should just update to the latest version. But I really love the landscape images and how my Home screen is laid out.

Edited by paul1965

I would just update, or rather start fresh since this is a new install anyway. and then make more noise about making those images configurable.

paul1965

I would just update, or rather start fresh since this is a new install anyway. and then make more noise about making those images configurable.

I might end up doing the update, as it's only progressed to 91.9%. Why is it scanning so much slower than when the server ran on my PC?

paul1965

I agree, but it's going on close to a week now and the scan hasn't completed yet. I would think it would scan faster than a PC since it doesn't have to access any files across the network.

paul1965

I did the update as suggested. I can definitely see some improvement in the scan time and I like the changes made for finding network folders when adding a library.

Please give us an option to edit the images on the Home screen though. The mix of (custom) landscape images for My Media and portrait for the Next Up/Latest sections just looks terrible!

Edited by paul1965