No automatic library update with rclone mount?

valfar

I am running the following setup:
rclone mount on Linux -> Mounted through samba on Windows computer, which is running Kodi Emby and the latest Emby server beta.

I am not getting automatic library updates, but before diving deep into it, I wanted to ask if this could be caused by the rclone mount filesystem?

rclone mount allows Linux, FreeBSD, macOS and Windows to mount any of Rclone’s cloud storage systems as a file system with FUSE.

If so, are there any apparent workarounds?

Angelblue05

While Kodi is online, it receives updates via the Emby websocket. Make sure it is connected (in the Kodi log, you can search the term)

While Kodi is offline, you need the server plugin Kodi companion to receive the updates when Kodi starts up. Otherwise you can manually update your libraries via launching Emby for Kodi > Manage libraries.

• Like 1

While Kodi is online, it receives updates via the Emby websocket. Make sure it is connected (in the Kodi log, you can search the term)

While Kodi is offline, you need the server plugin Kodi companion to receive the updates when Kodi starts up. Otherwise you can manually update your libraries via launching Emby for Kodi > Manage libraries.

Thank you for the quick reply.

I'm in bed right now, so I'll have to check the logs tomorrow.

Emby server picks up on activity in Kodi, like starting and pausing a video.

Kodi companion is installed and activated.

The scan on startup works as intended.

If I'm thinking correctly, rclone mount should not matter as long as Emby server has the file in its library.

Kodi Dsplayer is built on Kodi 17.6. Could that cause problems?