Android Mobile - No Live TV

PristDean

PristDean

Well just bought a life time pass after becoming very tired with Plex's very poor EPG for live TV. 12 Hours later Emby seems better on my NVidia box than Plex, but with this app, the Live TV does not play at all on my mobile. My films play no problem, but no live TV channels will play. 

You can also scroll channel numbers up and down in the listing within the app without the actual programmes moving, not good. If I 'double tap' a programme, it opens with basic info, but option to play. This is true wether on cellular or my wireless network with my mobile device.

Anyone else experienced these issues ?

PristDean

Hi, 

Android 7.0. 

What I have now noticed is if I load a live tv channel and keep the phone in a vertical position, I see a 'play' button. I can then load the channel and it plays, all be it in a small box as the phone is vertical. Whilst the channel is playing, if I turn the phone horizontal, play immediately stops with message 'no playable parts' and I have a blank screen apart the channel description.

This all via loading a channel through the 'Live TV' category / group on the main menu screen, not via the guide, which does not load any channels at all, no matter what position the phone is in.

Are you sure you're using our mobile app? Is it possible you installed our android tv app on your mobile device?

PristDean

Spot on, this is totally my bad. I've now installed 'Emby for Android' and all is fine. Any chance one or the other could renamed in the Play store ?..... i.e 'Emby for Android Mobile' to avoid confusing folks like me :)

Yea it makes sense. Only reason that hasn't been done yet is because at some point the two apps will just be unified into one.

• Like 1