[FR] Live TV browsing

im85288

im85288

Hi, 

I know the tv guide is in a 'coming soon' state and has been for quite some time. What I feel is even more important is channel hoping once your watching a selected channel. I am sure people have seen how Plex does this (top bar when you pull down)...however I feel the best DVR I have seen so far on Apple TV that set's a standard the Emby app would do well to emulate is that of FuboTV.

Instead of bolting the now playing channels into the top bar, they allow them to be shown in the bottom bar by pushing up on the siri remote..in addition they allow a long press to navigate back to the previously tuned channels. 

Here's a couple of screenshots from FuboTV showing what I mean (note also the info panel is full screen and far more readable than what is currently on the latest Apple TV version). 

MYLHFTA.jpg

ajSiq4d.jpg

im85288

I like that.  Looks a lot like this:

5c605187ca623_quickchannelchange.png

Yes similar-ish, I have tried the android client and it’s way ahead of the Apple TV version...though I still prefer Apple!

Adding the tv show thumbs and making the bottom transparent would add some nice eye candy to the android client. One thing I could not get used to (and this applies to all Emby clients) is how un intuitive using timeshift is, the progress bar just does not give any sort of indication of how far back or forward you can jump. Another wish is that timeshifting was handled on the server so I could jump from watching on my iPad to the Apple TV and pick up from where I was, or where I originally started.

Anyway hopefully one day the first screenshot in my post comes to all clients as for me Emby was always the best for adding that wow factor to how media is displayed

Spaceboy

Yes similar-ish, I have tried the android client and it’s way ahead of the Apple TV version...though I still prefer Apple!

Adding the tv show thumbs and making the bottom transparent would add some nice eye candy to the android client. One thing I could not get used to (and this applies to all Emby clients) is how un intuitive using timeshift is, the progress bar just does not give any sort of indication of how far back or forward you can jump. Another wish is that timeshifting was handled on the server so I could jump from watching on my iPad to the Apple TV and pick up from where I was, or where I originally started.

Anyway hopefully one day the first screenshot in my post comes to all clients as for me Emby was always the best for adding that wow factor to how media is displayed

instead of tv thumbs we get the channel logo. Personally I find this more informative than a programme thumb which is likely to be more difficult to recognise, particularly at that distance

im85288

Having both as per FuboTV would be a nice compromise, as I agree the channel logo is handy too

One thing I could not get used to (and this applies to all Emby clients) is how un intuitive using timeshift is, the progress bar just does not give any sort of indication of how far back or forward you can jump.

The android TV app does show you how far forward you can jump.