Failed to scan new contents after upgrading to 4.0.1

cherrot

After upgrading to emby-server 4.0.1, new contents in Movies could not be updated. 

I guess the issue is related to the directory itself. When I create a new directory, contents in it could be scanned as expected.

In the meantime there was a sub-folder under the Movies directory created by emby-server, named "-ffdetect". This may be a naming bug because the shell command such as `ls`, `mv`, `rm`, cannot process file name starting with a dash symbol "-".

mastrmind11

After upgrading to emby-server 4.0.1, new contents in Movies could not be updated. 

I guess the issue is related to the directory itself. When I create a new directory, contents in it could be scanned as expected.

In the meantime there was a sub-folder under the Movies directory created by emby-server, named "-ffdetect". This may be a naming bug because the shell command such as `ls`, `mv`, `rm`, cannot process file name starting with a dash symbol "-".

thats bizarre since ffdetect is a directive not a path.  Can you attach your logs for when this happens?

The attachment is the related log file (maybe).

I recreated a movie directory and moved all my movies to this directory one by one just now. Now all the contents are correctly scanned.

I believe one or both of the followings is the cause:

1. There is a .DS_Store hidden directory in my original movies directory because I mount it as a sshfs on my MacOS recently.

2. There is a sub-directory which has a wrong ownership.

Log.txt

Edited by cherrot

When I noticed this issue, emby could not detect any new content under my movie directory. In the meantime, there was:

1. a sub-directory named `-ffdetect`.

2. a movie sub-directory I had just added (before any new movies being added), in which emby had no read permission.

3. MacOS hidden files named `._.DS_Store` and `.DS_Store` because I had navigated to this directory using MacOS Finder through `sshfs`

I removed the `-ffdetect` directory and rescanned new contents. The issue remains.

Then I renamed the movie directory to a temp directory, created a new movie directory and moved all the contents from the temp directory to the newly created movie directory. The issue remains.

Finally I removed MacOS hidden files and added read permission to the sub-directory whose permission was broken. The new contents could be scanned correctly.

My movie directory is `/data/Movies`, this sub-directory is located at `/data/Movies/-ffdetect`. (Moreover, this directory has 3 empty sub-directories in it but I can't remember the names)

Days before I have activated a lifetime premiere subscription and installed a plugin called `kodi companion` on my server side. And I have successfully setup emby for kodi (not embyconn). 

I can't make sure that among this weird directory and my recent operations, which one occurs first. Hope this information be helpful.

No. Server's data directory remains as default: 
Cache:
/tmp/cache
Logging:
/var/lib/emby/logs
Metadata:
/var/lib/emby/metadata
Transcoding:
/var/lib/emby/transcoding-temp