Show off your rig..

saajan4u

PrincessClevage

Video card I definitely would get a EVGA = 3yr or more warranty = instant RMA best support ever

Guys here at Emby are 2nd best I have seen on product support and actually the only I have seen worthy of ranking in my book lol hard to make it

which EVGA model would suit above requirements? Edited by PrincessClevage
  • Like 1

And back on topic :P

b23bd3b18ca4486e825a8b7d10cc91df.jpeg

d93ed00f208a4eb6a64cfc00dd138ecb.jpeg

106ca2db1b3d4a03b95dcb1a379c6ae8.jpeg

At night:

817ebb167f114fe88ae2a0a52f63656a.jpeg

So now the specs:

CPU's: 2x Intel Xeon Processor E5-2667 v4 (Approved Beta Editions)

Ram: 4x Kingston 16Gb ECC DDR4@2400Mhz

MotherBoard: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS

GPU: XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 8Gb (I don't game ultra heavy games, this card suits my needs and is cheap to upgrade)

SSD: Toshiba XG3 M.2 256GB + 2x RAID0 Crucial cheap 480Gb SSDs fir quick storage

Screens: Some cheap Ultra-Wide 34" screens at 75hz!

BUT ITS BOSS!!!!!!!!

f3a485d3afee4a0ebb53a9ba7346d333.jpeg

PS: Sorry for the dust, I'm just that lazy...

• Like 1

mediacowboy

And back on topic :P

b23bd3b18ca4486e825a8b7d10cc91df.jpeg

d93ed00f208a4eb6a64cfc00dd138ecb.jpeg

106ca2db1b3d4a03b95dcb1a379c6ae8.jpeg

At night:

817ebb167f114fe88ae2a0a52f63656a.jpeg

So now the specs:

GPU: XFX RX 480 GTR Black Edition 8Gb (I don't game ultra heavy games, this card suits my needs and is cheap to upgrade)

SSD: Toshiba XG3 M.2 256GB + 2x RAID0 Crucial cheap 480Gb SSDs fir quick storage

BUT ITS BOSS!!!!!!!!

f3a485d3afee4a0ebb53a9ba7346d333.jpeg

Love the jack on the desk. I think every desk needs should come with it.

• Like 1

tyr_88

which EVGA model would suit above requirements?

Almost all worthy cards of their except the very very low ends will not carry a 3yr if this what you ask? Some carry 5 the high ends.

Stream limited to 2 not sure about that now I have had more than 2 going on my EVGA 960 FTW ( 2GB )  <<<<< without a hiccup and NVENC running for transcode I think I have seen my fans on during BF1 a couple times and that's all I have ever seen kick them on. This card is ACX 2.0 - 2fans dual bio's....    But in warranty you ever have a issue you have a new component coming right to you on advanced RMA like 2-3 days for me I use to get trigger happy on the 400-600 lines those cards were so hot haha

But I have EVGA 750 supernova PSU it is 10years covered

My EVGA Z170 Board is 10yrs covered

I basically go EVGA, Intel, Gskill for memory never had any go bad and always has lifetime warr.

So I am sending media 2-TVs up to 3 phones also, while this is my main system. Built it for gaming but got tired of gaming after I built it crazy it sounds but ran FPS Clan for good lord 14yrs solo

But I throw whatever at this even while transcoding and playing on 2 TVs doing all my other stuff on 16GB ddr4 it could still keep taking more.

Not sure why but my temps just obliterate any watercooling I have seen studied the reviews like 2 months got 2 units to test wow 10C higher min thought I was going to burn on load in prime. The coolers were fine worked just not for the i6700k or maybe it just needs a custom loop but yeah on air I am @ 21-23  to never past 65C load

Also they are the top tier support the best I have dealt with any company in PC life since they came about on top of things and there when it goes wrong sending new part on the way (Advanced RMA)

Emby support is the only product I have messed with backed so good I can put them in that league. Some of these PC makers have actual answering machines as support just last year seen this on friends rig he fried.

Edited by tyr_88

CarlosLima
Well cool this topic. Image is everything.

I have maxed out 50 clients registered on my Emby Server and so my server is a small machine.

I use as server, an Intel minipc, model NUC6i5SYH, with 6a gen i5 Intel processor, Intel Iris Pro 540 video card, 32GB of Crucial RAM and 525GB SATA disk also from Crucial. The server is cabled to an operator's modem, which provides 60MBs of broadband.

The files are stored on two 3.5 "HDDs from Seagate, 3TB and 4TB, connected to a Vantek case, connected to the server via USB 3.0.

The collections are not so great, 1000 movies, 1000 episodes on 40 TV shows, 150 concerts and less than 10,000 tracks of songs.

Everything works very well and the peak of simultaneous connections does not exceed 5 clients.

The images are not real, but you can see them in the rack.

58f36e3a91c3b_s1.png   58f3771c9456a_rack800x450.jpg

Edited by CarlosLima

Well cool this topic. Image is everything.

I have maxed out 50 clients registered on my Emby Server and so my server is a small machine.

I use as server, an Intel minipc, model NUC6i5SYH, with 6a gen i5 Intel processor, Intel Iris Pro 540 video card, 32GB of Crucial RAM and 525GB SATA disk also from Crucial. The server is cabled to an operator's modem, which provides 60MBs of broadband.

The files are stored on two 3.5 "HDDs from Seagate, 3TB and 4TB, connected to a Vantek case, connected to the server via USB 3.0.

The collections are not so great, 1000 movies, 1000 episodes on 40 TV shows, 150 concerts and less than 10,000 tracks of songs.

Everything works very well and the peak of simultaneous connections does not exceed 5 clients.

The images are not real, but you can see them in the rack.

58f36e3a91c3b_s1.png   58f3771c9456a_rack800x450.jpg

I would be pretty scared of that carpet so close to a lot of technology :P

CarlosLima

Hmn, thanks for your alert and I just had not ever thought about it. Carpet already excluded from the home theater room. (But it was so nice to leave it on cold days)   :)

Guest asrequested

So now the specs:

BUT ITS BOSS!!!!!!!!

That's a nice rig! You've got some horse power in that thing! Damn! Are you using it as a server?

Edited by Doofus

That's awesome! Fractal Design case?

Corsair Carbide Air 540 actually... You might see how the side radiator is kind of barely fitting :P

I might end up turning to it around or once I move to my new place fit everything in a rackcase and add it to the rack.

Edited by PVTD

CharleyVarrick

Not my media center rig, but this is my current setup I'm using at work (all the computers and screens are for me) . I can control the whole mine from this desk :D

54c9fb16dd312_003.jpg

Must be warmest office! I thought I had a lot of stuff in my 7x9 home office (4 towers, 7 monitors, 1 laptop).

When will they be offering one gigantic virtual "Matrix" screen?

CharleyVarrick

I'm no expert but I think you'll have overheating problems installing it there...  :D

:lol: Good one!!!

CharleyVarrick

Here's my finalized (for now) Emby backend setup:

ESXi Server:
Norco RPC-4220 4U Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Supermicro X9SCM Motherboard
Intel Xeon E3-1240 Processor
Supertalent 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1333 ECC RAM
Ceton InfiniTV4 PCI-e
3x IBM M1015 SAS Controllers
2x 250GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD's (Datastore and Backup Datastore)
7x 4TB Western Digital SSHD's
10x 2TB Western Digital Green HDD's
5x SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 cables
3x 120mm Arctic Cooling F12 PWM Fans
2x 80mm Arctic Cooling F8 Rev.2 PWM Fans
1x 92mm Arctic Cooling Alpine 11 Plus PWM CPU Fan
ESXi 6.0
VM1: Windows 8.1 x64 w/ MCE + Emby Server + Ubiquiti NVR + SnapRAID
VM2: Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 + PRTG Network Monitor + Backup Management

HTPC's:
3 of each...
MSI P67A-G43 Motherboard
Intel i3 2100 Processor
PNY 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD
Galaxy GTS 450 Graphics Card
NMediaPC Pro-LCD 5.25'' Screen
Corsair CX430 Power Supply
Rosewill R4000 4U Rackmount Case
Monoprice HDMI to Ethernet Converters to the TV's
Monoprice USB to Ethernet to the IR Receivers mounted under the TV's (power up/down of the PC and control UI)
All HTPC's run Windows 8.1 x64 MCE with Emby Theater

The rack:
ProAudioVideo 22u / 1000mm Deep Rack
Belkin PF60 Power Center
Linksys 24-port Gigabit Switch
3x HTPC's
ESXi Server
Custom pfSense router
Asus RT-N16 running DD-WRT (Linux Kernel 3.10.2)
Motorola SB6121
Everything is on a CyberPower 1500VA UPS (about 25mins in a power outage, with PC shutdown scripts via USB)

PFsense Router:
Silverstone PT13 Slim-ITX Case
Jetway NF9HG-2930 (Intel Celeron N2930 1.83 - 2.16 GHz Quad Core Processor, 4x Intel i211AT Gigabit LAN, mini-PCIe, mSATA, etc..)
8GB DDR3-1600 Kingston HyperX Impact 1.35v
128GB SanDisk x110 mSATA SSD
60w FSP Power Brick
OpenVPN + Bandwidth Monitoring

BSD backup box:
Intel i5 2500k Processor
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H Motherboard
8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600
90GB Corsair ForceGT SSD [OS Drive]
8TB RAID-Z ZFS
Rocketfish Case
Highpoint DC-7280 Datacenter HBA
1050w Seasonic Snowsilent PSU
PC-BSD OS

Pix:

P8150014.jpg

P8150003.jpg

P8150002.jpg

P8150001.jpg

P8150013.jpg

P8150006.jpg

P8150008.jpg

P8150009.jpg

P8150010.jpg

P8150012.jpg

Screenshot%202015-08-06%2017.53.07.png

stablebit-scanner.png

Looks Star-Trekky! Very nice

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Rather that have one computer run the entire system I have three - one server, one recorder and one player.

Server: HP 6000 Pro with 4GB running W7 64 Pro and an internal Hauppauge HVR-2255 dual tuner card. This system has the Media Browser server on it and runs WinTV v7.2 with the Extend package so the kids can stream live TV to their laptops while in/around the house. It also has the Ceton My Media Center server which interfaces with a Samsung Galaxy SCH-I800 tablet that is used as a remove control for Windows Media Center.

Recorder: HP 6000 Pro with 4GB running W7 64 Pro and four external Hauppauge HVR-2255 tuners. This system runs Windows Media Center and has the recording schedule on it. As the name implies, all it does is record and then transfer the files to the NAS.

Player: HP 6000 Pro with 8GB running W7 64 Pro, one external Hauppauge HVR-2255 tuners and a Turtle Beach Micro 2 to provide a digital audio stream to the AV receiver. The system runs Windows Media Center with a Media Browser client. The on-board display port drives the video projector, a Mitsubishi XL30.

Other equipment in the rack:

Pioneer VSX-524 AV Receiver

OSD SMP60 subwoofer amplifier

Buffalo TeraStation with 16TB configured in RAID5

MasterView CS-138A KVM switch

APC-3000 UPS

55064826450b0_HTPC.jpg

You're getting (a ton of) extra points for neatness/tidyness/small footprint here!

CharleyVarrick

Just made a few adjustments to mine i am really pleased with the outcome

5369f0f3755ef_redneckinnovation016110420

That's a beast...

Wait, that cd cylinder looks wired, is that a multi-cd player?

CharleyVarrick

Also, have my old 560ti 448 core with an antec 620 slapped on it for sale if anyone is interested, still works great. Yes, its dirty :(

Overclocks like a beast though, it got me the top bracket in 3dmark11 for this GPU.

54d1802d6b797_WP_20150203_16_11_47_Pro.j

Ahhh, the smell of a freshly grilled video card in the morning...LOL

CharleyVarrick

I don't really post much around here but I thought since it was the weekend and I had nothing better to do, why not?

My setup I would say is middle ground right now, but I plan to take it up a notch once I purchase my home. Plans are to move Emby to it's own dedicated box with dual procs, hence the reason I went with a 3u cooler to save space in the rack with a new 3u case. Once I do this upgrade, I'll also be upgrading to 10Gig local networking from Proxmox/VM server > Storage Servers > Emby/Plex servers. 

Here are the specs as of now:

Case: Rosewill RSV-L4500

PSU: Seasonic SSR-650RT

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2670v1 @ 2.60GHz

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D9DX i4 3U

Memory: 8x4GB Hynix ECC DRAM @ 1333MHz

HDD: Mix but mainly WD Reds, HGST, and Toshiba

SSD: Crucial MX200

JBOD Controllers: 2x2 LSI 9211-8i in IT mode

Docker Apps: Couchpotato, EmbyServer, NZBGet, Plex, Sonarr

VMs; Openelec (Just installed OpenELEC just to see how VM's work as I have a VM server (Proxmox))

Any questions or see anything I overlooked, please ask. 

hQL6EXb.jpg

szTRcK9.png

nsbdZtr.png

I realize this post dates back a bit, but most of your drives look full or getting there fast...

It's been my whole story for the last 10 years.

Just wish I've would have thought BIG a while back, would have saved me a lot of dough.

Over the span, I replaced 1Tb with 2's, then 3's then 4's, oh I skipped 5Tb :) and lastly went straight for 6!

I'm at the crossroad of Getting 8tb's lane & Huge 24+ bay rack street...

I get nervous anytime I see a drive that's more than 75% full.

Drawer's full of old 1 and 2Tb's gathering dust.

Edited by jlr19

Guest asrequested

I realize this post dates back a bit, but most of your drives look full or getting there fast...

It's been my whole story for the last 10 years.

Just wish I've would have thought BIG a while back, would have saved me a lot of dough.

Over the span, I replaced 1Tb with 2's, then 3's then 4's, oh I skipped 5Tb :) and lastly went straight for 6!

I'm at the crossroad of Getting 8tb's lane & Huge 24+ bay rack street...

I get nervous anytime I see a drive that's more than 75% full.

Drawer's full of old 1 and 2Tb's gathering dust.

If you use drive pooling, you can use all those old drives

CharleyVarrick

If you use drive pooling, you can use all those old drives

I guess I could, but I at the moment, with the limited number of drive bays I have, I'd rather have a 6tb drive in a single bay over 6 bays taken up with 1 or 2 tb in them.

Also, those 1Tb show high mileage and are near if not past avg. life expectancy. I prefer save them for non-critical odd jobs.

If I get one of those 24 bays rack thing, I wouldn't mind one bit having 10 or 12 empty drive bay to start with; I call this future proof... :)

Doesn't mean I am knocking down drive pooling though, I bookmarked those drivepool and drivebender (which I learned about right here) for future needs

CharleyVarrick

Its odd how I never knew this Hardware category even existed up to 2 or 3 weeks ago. The stuff I learned already + some of the systems we get to see and learn about is just mind blowing.

People rarely if ever mention $$ cost for their tech stuff, I often wonder how some of you can afford hosting NASA in your basement/living room.

Are you living at your parent's place or what? :lol: 

• Like 1

Its odd how I never knew this Hardware category even existed up to 2 or 3 weeks ago. The stuff I learned already + some of the systems we get to see and learn about is just mind blowing.

People rarely if ever mention $$ cost for their tech stuff, I often wonder how some of you can afford hosting NASA in your basement/living room.

Are you living at your parent's place or what? :lol:

Shit he knows!!!

It's all about skimming multiple website for the best price/alternative/other solution or approach to achieve the results we want.

You could get a 600$ raid card with 12 SATA ports, or 2 cheap data controller without raid and use a cheap software like drivepool. Same with home PCs, you could get expensive i7 or go for a eBay Xeon that has the same type of clock and cache, but half or less the price :)

It's really that cheap in the end (if you do it without mistakes... Like I did many and waisted money on a few things, but learn from mistakes)

Edited by PVTD