LOL

You're welcome. lol

I think I've been buying stuff every month for the past year...maybe more lol

I'm expecting some drives, tomorrow. Then next week, new mobo and CPU :D

BAlGaInTl

You're welcome. lol

I think I've been buying stuff every month for the past year...maybe more lol

I'm expecting some drives, tomorrow. Then next week, new mobo and CPU :D

I'm lucky enough to know someone in the business who gives me recycled corporate drives....

First 12x500GB

Then 12x1TB

Then 12X2TB

I need to ping him... seems it's time for them to upgrade again.

:)

Come to think of it... I should probably ping him to see if he has access to any rack stuff too... hmmmm

• Like 1

CBers

Can I ask you guys a serious question, I have noticed everyone mounts their switches in the front. Wouldn't cable management be easier with it in the back?

My half-height enclosed rack is in my loft (attic) and the switch is at the back for ease of use, as the network cables from around the house have to go in the back of the cabinet.

I have enough flashy lights on the front of the server :)

MSattler

I bought this rack about 18 months ago:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OB8T72/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got the wheels for it as well so I could wheel it around if needed.  Cut out a piece of pressboard and mounted it on top of the rack.  It's where I keep the HDHomerun Tuners, and all 3 of my Cyberpower UPS'.

BAlGaInTl

Lucky! I know someone that owns an ISP, but he's stingy! lol

My guy is out of the hardware game it seems.  But he has a Netgear Rackmount NAS he's going to float my way.  I may use that for user files here at the house, and make my current server strictly media.

colejack

Can I ask you guys a serious question, I have noticed everyone mounts their switches in the front. Wouldn't cable management be easier with it in the back?

Switch air flow for most are front to back. You have to order switches with reversed airflow to mount them in the back. An honestly cable management for me is no different front or back. the front is easier to get to for me and I can see the port lights in case there are issues.

My IKEA rack mount is hard to move too, so it's front switch too. Better manage your server from one side only to ease things up.

+1 for flashy lights too. My father still thinks I'm hacking NSA or smth. Hilarious!

JeremyFr79

My rack is up against a wall in my garage so getting to the back is a bit more difficult since it's not on wheels or anything, plus like others have said airflow is front to back on my switch.

shaefurr

This thread is so far OT from show off your rig, Past 15+ pages are just server rack talk :P

• Like 1

pir8radio

This thread is so far OT from show off your rig, Past 15+ pages are just server rack talk :P

What he said.....   Admins is there a way in this forum to "show all images in this thread" like some other forums have the ability to do?  Not a lot of search options.

mediacowboy

Should we have a mod move all the rack post to the "Show of your server rack"?

pir8radio

Should we have a mod move all the rack post to the "Show of your server rack"?

I was half tempted to post a picture I found of a waitress holding two beers...  Best server rack I've seen in a while..  :lol:  

• Like 5

shaefurr

I wasn't complaining before, just making an observation ;)

Past 15+ pages are just server rack talk

or, we could have..

Past 15+ pages are just server rack photos

I like to browse these threads for the pics, but after 40 pages long its getting light on a pic side. My suggestion, more pics!

58deaf7377429_0225171234.jpg

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

More flashy lights it is! :D

I should take a picture of mine in the dark. Who needs a Christmas tree, when you've got a server rack?

tyr_88

My post is about as anti-rack as you can get.  :D

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/6985-show-off-your-rig/?p=402688

Wicked nice man I love it mine is posted @ EVGA in Mod Rigs I use my desktop PC will build a NAS up soon hopefully but no issues on my new build to me before they released the dang new Intel chips ughhhhhh

AMD killed intel on these lol never seem them drop prices so fast I can next cpu above mine for $10 more than i6700k listed now I think I paid $500

Will work on my specs and post

HDD named Vault my main storage is Vault lol

Edited by tyr_88
  • Like 1