Show off your rig..

saajan4u

shaefurr

In case anyone wonders, the "gift" that comes with the 100 million edition 960 and 970 is a Far Cry 4 mousepad :P

Awesome card for 1080p gaming though, maxes most games at 60+ FPS

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

Also, have my old 560ti 448 core with an antec 620 slapped on it for sale if anyone is interested, still works great. Yes, its dirty :(

Overclocks like a beast though, it got me the top bracket in 3dmark11 for this GPU.

54d1802d6b797_WP_20150203_16_11_47_Pro.j

54d1819c6a34a_Untitled2copy.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

I've posted in here once before, but I've since upgraded to my new rig. It's still a bit of a WIP, but here's what I've got so far:

• Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB VRAM GPU
  • G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3-1866MHz
  • Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD
  • MSI Z97 Gaming 3 Motherboard
  • Enermax Ostrog GT Case

I've still got around 10TB worth of HDD's to move from my old rig into this one, I'm waiting on some SATA cables to come in within the next few days so I can take the HDD's from some WD My Book enclosures I'm currently using. I'm also eventually gonna add a couple more fans, a fan controller and LED's and what-not to my rig, but it's functionally complete now. Also, at some point in the future I may end up crossfiring two 270X's, or just upgrading to something else.

I love the snappiness of running off of an SSD though! It's my first time using one, but I've got my rig down to a 37 second cold boot time, which I'm pretty impressed with :)

And for the pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 3

Latchmor

Also, have my old 560ti 448 core with an antec 620 slapped on it for sale if anyone is interested, still works great. Yes, its dirty :(

Overclocks like a beast though, it got me the top bracket in 3dmark11 for this GPU.

54d1802d6b797_WP_20150203_16_11_47_Pro.j

I'm no expert but I think you'll have overheating problems installing it there...  :D

• Like 4

solid cabling.. looks quite clean

Not sure if you are referring to my build or not, but if so, thanks.  I wanna get some Red/Black braided sheathing for all the wires, but I'm kinda nervous about having to cut all my connectors off and re-solder everything to get the sheathing on... I'm sure it won't be all that hard, but something doesn't feel right about taking side-cutters to things I just spent all that money on haha. Otherwise I could just try and do a neat job of wrapping them in electrical tape :)

shaefurr

Not sure if you are referring to my build or not, but if so, thanks.  I wanna get some Red/Black braided sheathing for all the wires, but I'm kinda nervous about having to cut all my connectors off and re-solder everything to get the sheathing on... I'm sure it won't be all that hard, but something doesn't feel right about taking side-cutters to things I just spent all that money on haha. Otherwise I could just try and do a neat job of wrapping them in electrical tape :)

If you got a ton of cash you can buy prebraided replacement cables for most corsair PSU's. But I think full sets are like $90 which is almost as much as the PSU :P I just got some cheap cable sleeving for mine, though its just not the same :( Here's a couple vendors for premade cables

http://cablemod.com/compatibility/

If you go it yourself though there's a good guide here http://www.overclock.net/t/1262900/frequently-asked-sleeving-questions

• Like 1

Cheesegeezer

Here's my rig

post-71-0-60343700-1423171980_thumb.jpg

That i'm currently on, plenty of braided cables on here ;)

• Like 5

shaefurr

Here's my rig

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That i'm currently on, plenty of braided cables on here ;)

You riding a shark out to sea to get these pics??

• Like 2

shaefurr

UV fans came in, I swear for the life of me I can't get a good pic to come out, sata cables and such have such a nice soft blue glow under the light but they just don't show up in pics :/

54d42f2ed3e3a_DSCN4348.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

snazy2000

Hey guys,  heres my server setup i will post my main rig in another post :)

I recently got a new 18U rack from ebay for £50! Included in that price i got the Netgear switch, a router that i sold for £40 and some rails that i didnt need for £30 so i made a profit and got a new switch and rack!

IMAG0228.jpg

Current Specs

1U Custom Router -
Case - SC-13250
CPU / Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-E350N-USB3 (Max 18w)
Ram - 8GB Ram
Hard Drive - 30GB SSD
Cards - Intel Dual Port Gigabit Nic
OS - Sophos UTM Home Edition

4U Custom File Server
Case - 4U X-Case 420 Gen II
CPU - I3 4130
Motherboard - MSI Z87-G55
Ram - 24GB
OS - Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
OS Drive - Kingston 60GB mSATA drive
Media Raid - 5 - 1TB Drives
Other Hard Drives - 2 x 500GB, 1 x 750GB, 1 x 1TB

2 x Dell CS24-NV7
CPU - AMD 2373 EE 2.1Ghz
Ram - 32GB ECC
OS - Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter
OS Drive - 1 x 60GB SSD
VM Drive - 2 x 1TB (Raid 1)
Cards - Dell Perc6i

I've just ordered a Crucial 512GB SSD for one of my hyper-v servers because one of them will be going to my university for a few months to aid me on my final project then when it returns in may i will be buying another for it. Im waiting for that to arrive to then be able to move my VM's over to the ssd :)

Any questions please ask! I will get some more pictures soon
Edited by snazy2000
  • Like 4

UV fans came in, I swear for the life of me I can't get a good pic to come out, sata cables and such have such a nice soft blue glow under the light but they just don't show up in pics :/

Try some ambient light to help the camera drop the shutter speed. 

• Like 1

snazy2000

54d763660055a_IMAG0233.jpg

My Main Rig

CPU : Intel I5 3570k

Memory : Hyperx 16GB

OS Drive : OCZ Agility 120GB SSD

Game Drive : 500GB Blue Drive

PSU : Corsair CX750M

Case : NZXT Phantom

Screens : 3 x Acer V245HL

Got my UPS at the under my desk.

Excuse the mess! Used to have LED light strip behind my desk but when i moved i haven't put it back yet. Need a shorter one as my desk is smaller now :(

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
shaefurr

Will post a few pics of my other machines later. But this is my main gaming PC. 

Asus ROG Gene VII, i5 4670k, 8GB Ram, Asus GTX970, H100i, Fractal Design mini case, samsung blu ray drive.

Braided the cables myself, took bloody ages and almost lost a few fingers.

54c9f7006056d_IMG_6221edit.jpg

54c9f8f26918e_IMG_2411edit.jpg

Hows the h100i working out, do you have the 4670k OC'd? Curious because I ordered a 4690k and im going to need a new cooler.

Swynol

Hows the h100i working out, do you have the 4670k OC'd? Curious because I ordered a 4690k and im going to need a new cooler.

ye the h100i is good,  there's better out there and obviously custom loop will beat it hands down. But its quite (after changing the fans) and runs well. my 4670k is oc'd to 4.2, and while gaming hits 50c. it will take 4.5, not really pushed it any harder than that. wasnt happy with the temps so settled at 4.2.

shaefurr

ye the h100i is good,  there's better out there and obviously custom loop will beat it hands down. But its quite (after changing the fans) and runs well. my 4670k is oc'd to 4.2, and while gaming hits 50c. it will take 4.5, not really pushed it any harder than that. wasnt happy with the temps so settled at 4.2.

Yeah I'd love a custom loop, but I already had to fork out for a CPU/mobo/ram I wasnt planning on buying, so as much as id love it I just dont have the cash to spare. Was considering something like a h60 or h75 but I really don't think it would be much better than my current hyper 212? I haven't looked into CPU coolers in about 5 years so I dunno what the heck to get :P

My current i5-750 is OC'd to 3.6 @ 1.24v and the 212 with 1 fan keeps it as 60C max under load in prime95. I'd stick 2 better fans on it for the 3690k, just have no idea if a AIO loop would be worth upgrading to.

Edited by shaefurr

shaefurr

Painting day, apparently my board cracked under the mousepad, but oh well im putting a new one over the top of it anyway

54e64377670d6_WP_20150219_13_00_27_Pro.j

shaefurr

Front was the titanium grey color, this is it removed and painted, and dumb me had it drying in the garage and wind blew sand and crap all over the clear coat :/ but its not too noticeable

Update: wet sanded the top coat and put a new one on, smooth as butter.

54e6629e8115a_frontpanel.jpg

Edited by shaefurr