Migrating from Windows to Synology. Stuck at Restore

BiTeTHeBiGG

BiTeTHeBiGG

Hi,

I did search in the forum for other experiences other users made.

1. I installed the backup plugin on windows and set file location and a new schedule on a nearly time.
  2. Copied the backup to a new location for the synology.
  3. Installed on Synology DS2413+ version 4.0.1.0-1 from custom emby repository.
  4. First setup done, installed premire key and installed backup plugin.
  5. Restarted Emby server on synology, setup of backup plugin, set new location for synology and the last backup will show up.
  6. Now when I click on the backup the colorfull wheel will show up and spin ... and stay spinning. --> in the upper title it stays: Backup from: Invalid Date

Am I right in the assumption, that now the list of objects I want to restore should be showed?

Another thing I don't understand is why I still get the button in the upper right with "Get Emby Premiere". I already did put in the key as you can read on point 4. --> Now it's OK.

I tried to restart the emby server and try again but steel spinning color wheel.

Also tried to restart the whole synology but same result.

Any advise?

Thanks

Bite

Edited by BiTeTHeBiGG

BiTeTHeBiGG

As a followup, I tried with Chrome, Firefox Edge and IE11.

Then hours later I tried from another device and instantly could restore from backup.

Now after another couple of hours after I checked how to deal with share under linux/synology a library scan is running.

The scan runs since almost three hours and still not finished. Status is 86.6%. This should not take that long.

As a lot of item was not recognized (Kodi could import all the staff) is there a possibility to use the DB on the windows server and copy them over to synology?

Best regards

Bite

Edited by BiTeTHeBiGG

As a lot of item was not recognized (Kodi could import all the staff) is there a possibility to use the DB on the windows server and copy them over to synology?

Hi, no, for best results when changing operating systems I would suggest just letting the server re-scan.

We'll look at the invalid date error message. Thanks for the feedback.