3D Not Working in Smart TV App?

crusher11

crusher11

Great, thanks. So that's all this was, you just had to turn on the feature on your TV?

No. The TV can convert any 2D picture into a 3D picture. LG tech support was insisting turning that on solved the problem, despite it looking absolutely awful (Grace Kelly's clothing hovering in front of her). It's just doing an on-the-fly post-conversion, it's not using any of the MVC data.

The issue remains unresolved.

crusher11

I believe there is a version waiting on release with LG but I don't know how long that can take

From the thread that just got bumped it looks like it's been waiting for LG for about six months now? Is there any reason to believe it'll ever be released?

• 4 weeks later...
unisoft

I have the LG oled55c6v which I think is the same model just different region.

I've never got mvc to play.in theory it should as the TV is 3d capable but put it down to being the player software not supporting it.

My firmware has been updated since then to 05.30.55 and no change. I had my files labelled as 3d.mvc.mk3d according to the wiki. Recently the wiki has been updated and it now says 3d.mvc.mkv - I'll retry it with renamed extension to see if it suddenly plays but I am expecting 2d as before.

Shame as many people with the model as last 3d tvs released by LG and 3d is awesome on this TV.

Edited by unisoft

• 4 months later...

Emby for LG 1.0.16 has been released. Stay tuned to our blog for the announcement. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
crusher11

You still haven't posted the blog for the last three versions. Does this fix the 3D issue or is there another reason you opted to bump this thread in particular?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...