#61 alucryd OFFLINE  

alucryd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 349 posts
  • Local time: 08:21 PM
  • LocationLille, France

Posted 05 June 2019 - 02:24 AM

Please wait on the next beta before trying, there was an issue in the current one for new installs.

#62 r32nj OFFLINE  

r32nj

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 03:21 PM

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:14 AM

The only way I found to solve it was to rename the /home/emby folder thru Windows and then I was able to reinstall with 4.1.1.0 thru the web interface Upload button, however, all of my settings are gone so I'm trying to figure out how to restore all of that since I have backups of the directories.

I renamed the home\emby folder this morning and was able to reinstall Emby 4.0.2 (this is the version I had installed before all this install mess).  I didn't feel safe trying to install 4.1.1 again.

I'll wait for the next official release which hopefully won't blow up our Emby/NAS installs again.

#63 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Local time: 02:21 PM

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

I renamed the home\emby folder this morning and was able to reinstall Emby 4.0.2 (this is the version I had installed before all this install mess).  I didn't feel safe trying to install 4.1.1 again.

I'll wait for the next official release which hopefully won't blow up our Emby/NAS installs again.

You can go up to 4.1.0.26 from 4.0.0.2 and it will work as I tested it last night and used it quite extensively with no issues.

https://github.com/M....0.26_amd64.deb

#64 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:12 AM

Please wait on the next beta before trying, there was an issue in the current one for new installs.

Thanks for the heads up!!

I might just wait for the next official release too as I'm growing weary of having folders in the home directory that I can't delete.

#65 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:58 AM

Actually we may have found an issue, the useradd command was missing a flag in the post-install steps. Although it's strange that it's only affecting a few people. In any event, we've corrected this and updated the 4.2.0.12 beta if you want to try that. Thanks.

#66 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:12 PM

Actually we may have found an issue, the useradd command was missing a flag in the post-install steps. Although it's strange that it's only affecting a few people. In any event, we've corrected this and updated the 4.2.0.12 beta if you want to try that. Thanks.

Could you post a link to the updated beta install?  I see that version on github but it says it's from 2 days ago.

#67 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

It's the same version, i just replaced the .deb, and as always, i would get it from the website, not github.

#68 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

It's the same version, i just replaced the .deb, and as always, i would get it from the website, not github.

Okay, I grabbed it thru the website and am trying it now.

#69 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:23 PM

Success!!!

I'm running 4.2.0.12 now.....thanks!!!

The only issue that I'm seeing currently is that I can't seem to get the Plugins in the Catalog tab to refresh but I was having the same issue on 4.1.0.26 so that may be something else.  It just spins while trying to refresh.

#70 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:26 PM

Here's the stack trace that I see for the above issue (maybe?):

2019-06-05 11:25:18.593 Error HttpServer: Error in ProcessAccept
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.2.0.12
	Command line: /apps/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /home/emby -ffdetect /apps/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /apps/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /apps/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-netgear_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.178.86
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///apps/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /home/emby
	Application directory: /apps/emby-server/system
	System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. ---> Interop+OpenSsl+SslException: SSL Handshake failed with OpenSSL error - SSL_ERROR_SSL. ---> Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at Interop.OpenSsl.DoSslHandshake(SafeSslHandle context, Byte[] recvBuf, Int32 recvOffset, Int32 recvCount, Byte[]& sendBuf, Int32& sendCount)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStreamPal.HandshakeInternal(SafeFreeCredentials credential, SafeDeleteContext& context, SecurityBuffer inputBuffer, SecurityBuffer outputBuffer, SslAuthenticationOptions sslAuthenticationOptions)
	   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(Byte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.PartialFrameCallback(AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.ThrowIfExceptional()
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.InternalEndProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslState.EndProcessAuthentication(IAsyncResult result)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.EndAuthenticateAsServer(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.<>c.<AuthenticateAsServerAsync>b__50_2(IAsyncResult iar)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.Init()
	   at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpEndPointListener.ProcessAccept(SocketAsyncEventArgs args)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void Throw()
	InnerException: Interop+OpenSsl+SslException: SSL Handshake failed with OpenSSL error - SSL_ERROR_SSL.
	Source: System.Net.Security
	TargetSite: Boolean DoSslHandshake(Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeSslHandle, Byte[], Int32, Int32, Byte[] ByRef, Int32 ByRef)
	   at Interop.OpenSsl.DoSslHandshake(SafeSslHandle context, Byte[] recvBuf, Int32 recvOffset, Int32 recvCount, Byte[]& sendBuf, Int32& sendCount)
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStreamPal.HandshakeInternal(SafeFreeCredentials credential, SafeDeleteContext& context, SecurityBuffer inputBuffer, SecurityBuffer outputBuffer, SslAuthenticationOptions sslAuthenticationOptions)
	InnerException: Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown
	Source: 
	TargetSite: 

Edited by jlficken, 05 June 2019 - 12:28 PM.

#71 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142310 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:30 PM

Can you please attach the complete emby server log? t hanks.

#72 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 12:34 PM

Can you please attach the complete emby server log? t hanks.

Here you go...

Attached Files

#73 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142310 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:59 AM

These errors are actually related to your ssl cert. What kind of certificate is it? It looks like something is trying to connect with an older ssl protocol that we have disabled.

#74 jlficken OFFLINE  

jlficken

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 10:54 AM

Just an FYI but I removed my SSL cert last night and am still getting the same errors this morning about failing to update plugins.

ETA: Figured it out.  Untangle has (www.mb3admin.com) listed as a "Parked" site so it was being blocked.

Edited by jlficken, 17 June 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#75 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142310 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users