Playback issues on Chromecast Ultra

akawoz
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Not sure if this is the right forum, please feel free to move if not.

I have an easily reproduce-able playback problem. I have some media files that refuse to playback on a Chromecast Ultra but play fine on a Chromecast Gen 1.  Both CC are connected to 1080p Samsung TV's.

I get the background display for the TV show I am attempting to play, the spinner runs briefly then vanishes. The time counter sits (on phone) at 00:00:00 forever and the media file never starts playing.

I can get the media file to play successfully by either:

1. choosing convert - TV profile and playing the newly created version

2. lowering my playback settings for Chromecast to a bitrate below the file - forcing transcoding

At the following URL is one of the media files that does this, along with Mediainfo for that file, the Debug Emby Server log and FFMPEG logs. In the Emby Server log the issue starts at timestamp 2019-02-09 12:45:24.461

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1huIt2HZ8gRI0gAbzJmJiT-uFis1hB5_c?usp=sharing

The Chromecast Ultra is running:

System firmware: 144496

Cast firmware: 1.37.144496

Country code: NZ

I'm using Emby for Android Mobile 3.0.34 to cast.

Cheers, Warren.

Edited by akawoz

• Solution

Ok try it again now. I was able to reproduce and have it automatically switch to transcoding.

• Like 1

Ok try it again now. I was able to reproduce and have it automatically switch to transcoding.

Yes it works now - what magic is this? I haven't updated server or app. Do you have a transcoding rule set that the server checks?

The level of support you guys provide for Emby is astounding. For years I've felt frustrated with the zero engagement the Plex team have with their forums.

Keep up the wonderful work and I will keep spreading the word about how amazing Emby is.

Big fan. Cheers!

The chromecast receiver is hosted so i just pushed an update to that.

Edited by akawoz