Books not showing up

Snakebait

Snakebait

Hi, I created a book folder that shows up on the home page with all the books listed but will not display the books. I have attached a photo (book1) of what it looks like in Emby and another photo (book2) of the file on my server. Please advise. The Bait

post-396458-0-71459700-1549659867_thumb.jpg

post-396458-0-95284700-1549659876_thumb.jpg

Snakebait

Hi, My first email shows the last screen and no play button. I can copy each screen I go through to get to the final screen shown in the attachment book1 in the first email if you need it. S

Snakebait

Hi, I see that, so how do I see my book to read it? Are you saying the book feature is not ready? S

Snakebait

Hi, Are you saying the book feature does not work or do I have to download a plugin? I would be very disappointed if I wasted time trying to get an app running that should not be in the library until completed. Or at least a disclaimer at the top of the page. S

Snakebait

Hi, Lets back this up a moment I don't see the feature that lets me download books. I am putting my books in the library. How do I download books? Should I have downloaded a plugin for this feature? Just for the record I am only interested in print not audio books. S

Snakebait

Hi, I am understanding I can download my books to my tablet and than read it on the tablet using third party software. Are you saying if Emby is installed on your tablet eventually you will be able to read the book in Emby? S

I don't know if we will ever realistically have our own book reading, but we can improve the experience to have a play button that launches the default app associated with the file type.

• Like 1

Snakebait

Hi, That sounds great. The download is fast. The home page "Latest Books" do not have covers or overview is this something that can be fixed or is that for the future? S

Snakebait

Hi, I have no cover photos or overview. I will not identify any of the books. I have attached two screen shots. S

post-396458-0-60894500-1549823788_thumb.jpg

post-396458-0-34027400-1549823801_thumb.jpg

Have you added images for the books? there's no internet metadata, you will need to bring your own image files.

Snakebait

Hi, I have made sure the books have cover photos in the folder and it's starting to come together. I realize as time goes on more features will be added and plugin's will be made but I was wondering where and how do I get an overview of the book to add to each book? S

GSV-ITSMY

For what it's worth I'd also be interested in proper ebook support in emby.

Maybe there's an open-source book engine that can be plugged into emby the same as ffmpeg/player software? Maybe licensing conflicts have stopped other closed-source servers.

I can say emby's diverse feature support is what drew me as a paying supporter away from plex and over to emby and I'll bet that's true for many others as well.

Calibre is the other major option for ebooks and I and many others were frustrated by calibre's apparent inability to have any sane approach to server software, which emby already has beat in spades.

Ebook support could make emby the one ring to rule them all, so to speak.

The issue is just time and resources. Right now books are kind of an extra that we're not able to make a whole lot of time for. Hopefully this change in the future. 

• Like 2