TV Shows pooling

nhsman

Thanks for the update but not having any joy. I tried the update this morning and some shows are still not pooling but funnily I have no problems with 3.0.34

NightwingDG

I noticed a small issue after testing some more, with the current approach. Please wait for the next beta version before repairing.

Alright. I'll wait for the next beta to test it.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

4.0.14a is on the way to correct series pooling. Please try to repair your library and let me know.

Retry with the latest beta.

Remember to provide your Kodi log if it still doesn't work. No log, no problem.

4.0.14a is on the way to correct series pooling. Please try to repair your library and let me know.

Retry with the latest beta.

Remember to provide your Kodi log if it still doesn't work. No log, no problem.

Repaired the library but still experiencing pooling problems. Pm'd log

nuentes

I'm having issues with pooling as well. Server is 4.0.2.0, Kodi is 18.1, Emby for Kodi is 4.0.14a. I just repaired my TV db, and it's pretty well borked in Kodi. Seems like I have unrelated shows pooling together, and a lot of ghost nodes (series says I have unwatched episodes, but then I can't find anything unwatched when I open the series)

For example: Kodi says there are 11 episodes of the series MINDHUNTER, meanwhile Emby says 10 (10 is correct). Kodi says there is 1 unwatched episode (I finished this series months ago), and when I click in the series in Kodi, I only see the 10 episode nodes that are supposed to be there (all marked watched). Series looks fine in Emby. Also, it looks like this recent episode of The Eric Andre show that I downloaded somehow got pooled into The Standups. Again - these show up correctly in Emby.

Here is a log from a new clean Kodi startup where I basically just clicked into a few of the affected Series nodes. However, it doesn't look like anything useful was logged. I'm not sure what you wanted for a log (component specific, or from the repair session, etc)

http://paste.kodi.tv/enalinizeq

Edit: Also, A Series Of Unfortunate Events is split into 2 separate Series nodes :(

Edited by nuentes

Angelblue05

From the repair action, thank you for reporting. Please provide an updated log. I’ll have a look. Unfortunately the server doesn’t provide information regarding series pooling so, the add-on guesses what is pooled depending on certain indicators.

Edited by Angelblue05

NightwingDG

I tested it as well and still seeing the same issue. I'm on Server Version 4.0.3.0 though.

I can provide logs but don't know how to get it from Kodi, only know how to get Server logs.

nuentes

Sorry, the log after running a repair is over 1MB so I can't find a way to upload it anywhere. I have 2 different extensions for uploading logfiles, and neither of them can upload logs over 1MB. And I don't have root on this Android device, so I can't figure out how to access the directory of the logfile to move transfer it elsewhere.

Angelblue05

Can you try removing the show from Emby?

Move the folder outside the library.

On the library entry in the webclient, open 3 dots > refresh metadata > scan for updated and new files.

Move the folder back in the library.

Once content is re-added to Emby, repair the tv show library in Kodi.

Does it work correctly then?

Thanks for the suggestion, I gave it a shot with 1 of the shows that is not being pooled and unfortunately I ended up with the same result. 

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Angelblue05

Not really. The server doesn't provide a way to know if a series should be pooled or if a movie should be stacked. I am still looking into a solution that will provide a fool proof way of knowing if the entry should be created in Kodi or not.

Out of curiosity, when you search in the webclient, does it return a single entry or multiple ones for your pooled shows?

Edited by Angelblue05

NightwingDG

Please test this build. Repair your tv show libraries with series pooling. Report back if it makes a difference or not, thank you.

It didn't work on my end. Did it work for anyone else?

Angelblue05

It is possible it didn’t work. I am working blindly since all series pooling I’ve tested works for me. If someone is willing to create a guest account (linked to my forum account aka emby connect) just so I can have an actual look at the issue, send me a pm.

NightwingDG

It is possible it didn’t work. I am working blindly since all series pooling I’ve tested works for me. If someone is willing to create a guest account (linked to my forum account aka emby connect) just so I can have an actual look at the issue, send me a pm.

I think I figured out the issue. You're right, series pooling is working (Stable version) but not for shows where the same season is split in different drives. This is what led me to believe that series pooling was not working but it is, my mistake. Apologies Angelblue05. I attached some screenshots.

post-220121-0-26235800-1556164252_thumb.jpg

post-220121-0-80532600-1556164258_thumb.jpg

post-220121-0-60919600-1556164266_thumb.jpg

post-220121-0-23363200-1556164273_thumb.jpg

post-220121-0-23005600-1556164279_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Angelblue05

So you have season 3 on two different drives, why is episode 5 there twice? Is there an overlap with episode files within both season 3 folders?

I have tested that scenario and it was working but then again, I only had one tv show entry, not two... I will have to retry.

Edited by Angelblue05

NightwingDG

No overlap, this is another weird issue tied to same season/different drives. Might be the cause of the issue. This happens with all the shows that are split in different drives but still within the same season. Here is another screenshot of Into the Badlands:

post-220121-0-57727600-1556209003_thumb.jpg

post-220121-0-76516600-1556209008_thumb.jpg

post-220121-0-34008800-1556209023_thumb.jpg

post-220121-0-18893900-1556209028_thumb.jpg

No overlap, this is another weird issue tied to same season/different drives. Might be the cause of the issue. This happens with all the shows that are split in different drives but still within the same season. Here is another screenshot of Into the Badlands:

I have a similar/same problem.. out of curiosity, do you have an integrity error in your kodi log, after adding the TV show library, for the duplicated episodes e.g episode 9 of into the badlands?

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I have a similar/same problem.. out of curiosity, do you have an integrity error in your kodi log, after adding the TV show library, for the duplicated episodes e.g episode 9 of into the badlands?

Yes I want to know what creates that error. I saw it in a log, so I put in a workaround, create a secondary entry with a different idFile, but I haven't been able to replicate any of this.

NightwingDG

I do have an integrity error for all the duplicated episodes as well.

Yes I want to know what creates that error. I saw it in a log, so I put in a workaround, create a secondary entry with a different idFile, but I haven't been able to replicate any of this.

You have to do a database reset probably. I took out the folder and added it into the library and it didn't show it at first, but it did after I did a database reset.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Finally managed to replicate this issue. This will be fixed with the next beta version. Thank you so much for helping troubleshoot this one.

• Like 1