Another external subtitle problem

vurt

Hi everyone. I've had this issue since Kodi 17.6 and it persisted with 18. And it's present through the iterations of Emby for Kodi addon (currently on 4.0.5).

I posted in the Kodi forum as well because I don't know if the problem lies with Emby or Kodi.

Subtitles play within Emby's web app.

For the same show, subtitle doesn't display in Kodi even though Kodi's OSD indicates an external subtitle is present. I looked in the directory and confirm the subtitle is there, same name as the video file with language code "en" appended before ".srt".

If I use Kodi to download a subtitle, Kodi will display it.

Here's a log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/ps76zWhSzW/

Towards the end of the log when I play the show "Insecure S01E02", that's where it happened. The subtitle's filename is "Insecure.S01E02.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND-postbot.en.srt".

It's probably a silly user error but I don't know how to troubleshoot it and I've googled and searched.

Edited by vurt

Same here

@@ebr it happed with same files I send them to you

Video file + SRT:

- emby Kody:

• Max. bitrate: Direct play - subtitle sometime appeared and sometime not (need to be fixed)
  • Low bitrate: Transcoded and subtitle is not shown (need to be fixed)

Video file + ASS:

- emby Kody:

• Max. bitrate: Direct play - subtitle is not shown (need to be fixed)
  • Low bitrate: Transcoded and subtitle is not shown (need to be fixed)

emby server ver. 4.0.1.0

Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS

Kodi emby 1.0.4

Kodi 18.0

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode_(video_srt).txt

ffmpeg-transcode_(video_ass).txt

Edited by iBoss

Hi, in my first log: Towards the end of the log when I play the show "Insecure S01E02", that's where it happened. The subtitle's filename is "Insecure.S01E02.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND-postbot.en.srt".

In the second log, the filename is "Insecure.S01E04.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND-postbot.mkv".

Let me know if that helps. Otherwise I'll restart Kodi and try to get a cleaner log.

Sorry here's a new log after I restarted Kodi, should be cleaner: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/MVCKMtHw7V/

Here's something odd: After I restarted Kodi, the file Insecure.S01E04.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND-postbot.mkv now plays with subtitles when it didn't before.

However, when I tried the next episode, Insecure.S01E05.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND.mkv, the same problem, no subtitle display despite the external sub.

Maybe this will make it easier to compare what's going on.

Thank you very much for having a look.

Here's something odd: After I restarted Kodi, the file Insecure.S01E04.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND-postbot.mkv now plays with subtitles when it didn't before.

However, when I tried the next episode, Insecure.S01E05.720p.BluRay.x264-DEMAND.mkv, the same problem, no subtitle display despite the external sub.

exactly the same issue

also if I want to select the subtitle while the video is playing, sometime I see the subtitle there but it's not shown on the video

Angelblue05

I don't believe this issue is related to the add-on.

According to your log, both playback, the subtitles was appended to the stream. Were subtitles enabled? If they were, do you have that issue in the webclient too? If not, there were subtitles issues in Kodi Leia so I'd look there. 

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1