13 replies to this topic

#1 Boo0ger OFFLINE  

Boo0ger

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 03:33 PM

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:18 AM

Hey guys, 

Just thought you'd like to know that Comskip seems to finally be available through the synocommunity package center for my DS718+ (apollolake) 

5c5c4a8ca7918_20190207101001AM.jpg

In case you're interested, I got this installed along with comchap/comcut and wrote a customized script which is then placed in Emby DVR post-processing field.  It works pretty well and doesn't take too much CPU process even for a 2hr recording...  

One thing I'd like to know if it's possible is, if I can force a "incremental library scan" through the post-processing as to ensure that the meta-data from Emby is fixed as soon as the file is overwritten... If any of you know how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.  (ps: I looked up API calls, but it seems I can only do a full library scan?!) 

#2 PenkethBoy ONLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3252 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 PM
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted 07 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

real-time monitoring will pick up the changes

• FrostByte likes this

#3 solabc16 OFFLINE  

solabc16

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 1967 posts
  • Local time: 08:33 PM

Posted 07 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the information @Boo0ger.

Best

- James

#4 opty OFFLINE  

opty

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 11:10 PM

@boooger

that's pretty cool!

i am trying to do the same in a docker container and so far not much :(

it would be cool if you can share your scripts with us

Thanks

#5 Boo0ger OFFLINE  

Boo0ger

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

Hey @opty

I tried a few scenarios with Comskip in Docker as well, but I ended up having more issues than solutions :P Especially to trigger the command from Emby or enable a Cron job to run comskip on a scheduled timeline...  So I decided to run everything natively.  

My script is quite simple and I'm sure others can make this solution 1000 times better, but I'm happy to share if anyone can benefit from it. 

1- Install Comskip from the Synology App Center

2- I also installed Comchap, Comcut using ssh (https://github.com/B...heleski/comchap)

3-  I placed the tools in a special folder /volume1/Media/Tools and ensured it's added to the $PATH 

4- I created the following sh script and named it "/volume1/Media/Tools/Run-comskip-comcut.sh":

#!/bin/bash

echo "------------------------"
echo "-- Running Comskip on $1"
comskip -q --ini=/volume1/Media/Tools/comskip.ini "$1"

echo "-- Running Comcut on $1"
bash /volume1/Media/Tools/comcut "$1"

echo "-- Completed"

5- Test manually with a recorded video "bash Run-comskip-comcut.sh /volume1/Media/[live tv recording].ts"

6- If it worked, I basically added the script into emby post-scripting as follows:

5c6818b1126af_Untitled.jpg

That's pretty much it!!  If any of you have a better suggestions, I would appreciate hearing about it. 

• opty and carloss66 like this

#6 opty OFFLINE  

opty

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:05 PM

@Boo0ger

Thanks for the script, i have it sort of working in a docker container but you are right it's not strait forward and lots of headache trying to install comchap so many library's were missing or missing dependent.

i would rather have it run natively like yours. you are using a different github than the one i tried, did you have the same experience like me or comchap installed with no fuss/issue?

Thanks!

#7 Boo0ger OFFLINE  

Boo0ger

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

Hey @opty
No fuss really. Granted that when installing natively, it does install ffmpeg components and dependencies. So everything ran smooth from first install.

#8 Boo0ger OFFLINE  

Boo0ger

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:17 PM

real-time monitoring will pick up the changes

Thanks but I don’t think real-time monitoring works very well on Synology and Emby. :/ I resolved this by running a media library refresh every hour. Hopefully this can be enhanced in future releases

#9 opty OFFLINE  

opty

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:24 PM

@Boo0ger

i have already installed the comskip package which also installed the ffmpeg.

using ssh i got the comchap from the github repo, uziped in it's own directory now do i need to compile that or it already is? 

i used the comchap from docker and copied it over to /usr/local/bin of synology and it's working!

Thanks!!!

now i need to work on a better comskip.ini and if i manage to improve the script will share it

Edited by opty, 16 February 2019 - 02:45 PM.

#10 Boo0ger OFFLINE  

Boo0ger

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:00 AM

Awesome news @opty !

I used the comskip.ini from the one provided by plex. Works ok for most shows. Would like to compare with the one you tweak if you don’t mind sharing

#11 opty OFFLINE  

opty

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

@Boo0ger

at the moment i am testing one of the ini file it was shared on the forums by another member shoottothedome and it's been for the most part working great the thing with comskip is trial and error and fine tuning it.

#12 carloss66 OFFLINE  

carloss66

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 02:33 PM

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:58 AM

@Boo0ger Thanks for your script.  I am using your script and it is working great with the compskip.ini that comes with the donator version of comskip.  I am taking an extra step that I wish I could eventually do right on the Synology.  I am using MCEBuddy on my PC to get the already commercial free shows converted from MPEG2 to high quality mkv files (way smaller files), and then rename and move the shows to my TV Shows library.  The only problem is that the folders for the recorded shows stay behind with the .nfo files in them, so Emby thinks that the shows are also under Recordings.  Not a deal breaker since I am using Kodi with the Emby plugin so I can't see the Recordings library anyway, but it is just something I would like to clean up in the future.

Edited by carloss66, 23 May 2019 - 11:05 AM.

#13 Boo0ger OFFLINE  

Boo0ger

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

@carloss66 Hmm, Not sure how you record your TV shows, but I use TVMosaic and I believe I have the option to not create the nfo files during the recordings... 

#14 carloss66 OFFLINE  

carloss66

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Local time: 02:33 PM

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:01 PM

@carloss66 Hmm, Not sure how you record your TV shows, but I use TVMosaic and I believe I have the option to not create the nfo files during the recordings... 

I am using Emby's built-in DVR.  I had to stop using the script; all the video files ended without commercial but also with no sound at all.

Edited by carloss66, 30 May 2019 - 04:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comskip, synocommunity, synology, postprocessing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users