No sound without transcoding with Emby Theater

fosfocreatina

fosfocreatina

Hi !

I use Emby since nearly a month and I'm very happy. Now I'm ripping all my Blu rays with DVDFab 11 in mkv h265 HECV with audio passthrough (in order to obtain the best audio quality on my HT setup). I always choose the english and the italian language (I'm italian !) and the english and italian subtitles as VOBSUB in the file.

Everything is working fine on my LG SmartTV and my AppleTV, but when I use the EmbyTheater app on my Win 10 HTPC setup when i play the film in the italian language (DolbyDigital 5.1) without having subtitles switched on I hear no sound. The same thing happens with my office PC. This thing doesn't happen when (on the same HTPC or office PC) when I play the same film with Emby on Chrome. 

I have noticed that the problem is with "direct stream" on Emby theater app: The english language is in DTS so Emby server is obliged to transcode and so I hear the sound. When I switch to italian DD Emby shows "direct stream" and it mutes. When (with the italian DD langauage playing) I switch on the english or italian subtitles, Emby goes to transcoding and I can hear the sound again.

I hope that I was sufficiently clear and hope to find an answer to my problem.

Thanks in advance to all the nice members and administrators of this forum that will help me.

Regards, Andrea

P.S. I use ET that I downloaded from Microsoft store

Edited by fosfocreatina

fosfocreatina

Hi Doofus !

Yesterday I gave a try to the desktop app and it worked flawlessly ! Thank you soo much for your suggestion.

I'm new to Emby: how do I post the remux log ?