Create folder.jpg to backdrop.jpg?

JXL2112

My music folders are filled with folder.jpg but they hardly find backdrop.jpg when running a metadata scan. This actually got worse with 4.xx since it does not inherit the backdrop from the artist.

So I was wondering if there is any way to copy the folder.jpg and rename it to backdrop.jpg automatically? At least something would be in the background.

I've done a few manually but it's pretty tedious.

ryandavidg

I would use a batch file to just do this in Windows, recursively so all subdirectories are done too. Should be easy to find with a search, or modify this one slightly:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38650536/batch-file-to-copy-and-rename-files-from-multiple-directories

I actually didn't know Emby used "backdrop.jpg" so thanks for pointing that out. My albums had always used (as you mentioned) the artist fanart for this and I've been trying to get a response on this forum as to how one gets this working again since the v4 update. At least now I know I can put all that artwork I gathered and edited to use again, with a bit of copying and renaming.

Still wish that artist backdrops would work again (as an option at least) though, instead of having to have 40 copies of Rolling Stone backdrops, etc.

Edited by ryandavidg

This actually got worse with 4.xx since it does not inherit the backdrop from the artist.

We are looking into this, thanks.

• Like 1

I would use a batch file to just do this in Windows, recursively so all subdirectories are done too. Should be easy to find with a search, or modify this one slightly:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38650536/batch-file-to-copy-and-rename-files-from-multiple-directories

I actually didn't know Emby used "backdrop.jpg" so thanks for pointing that out. My albums had always used (as you mentioned) the artist fanart for this and I've been trying to get a response on this forum as to how one gets this working again since the v4 update. At least now I know I can put all that artwork I gathered and edited to use again, with a bit of copying and renaming.

Still wish that artist backdrops would work again (as an option at least) though, instead of having to have 40 copies of Rolling Stone backdrops, etc.

This is what I have so far:

@[member="Echo"] OFF
ATTRIB -h folder.jpg 
COPY  /Y folder.jpg "backdrop.jpg"
REN folder.jpg backdrop.jpg
ATTRIB +h folder.jpg 
ATTRIB +h backdrop.jpg
@Pause

The above works for a single folder.

To recurse folders in a cmd window: forfiles /S /M folder.jpg /C "C:\backdrop.bat"

Put the bat file where ever you like and then call to it.

• Like 1