Kodi 18 music library wants to rescan tags every time

Marv

Hi,

I just tried syncing my Emby music library with Kodi and it seemed to work out pretty well.

Unfortunately every time I enter the music library in Kodi I get the following message:

'Music library needs to rescan tags from files. Would you like to scan now? Yes/No'

This does not happen when using the standalone Kodi music database without Emby.

What can I do to get rid of this message?

Using Kodi v18 and Emby for Kodi 4.0.5.

Thanks, I will try this later today and report back.

But I already tried two times with a completely fresh music library build up from scratch in Emby and then in Kodi via the Emby plugin.

Maybe the repair function will solve my issue but I think a fresh database shouldn't need a repair. So something is going wrong here that Kodi doesn't like :)

Angelblue05

Ok it's not information you provided in your OP. Are you able to access the database files in Kodi? I don't know your Kodi platform.

I'm using LibreELEC 9.0. Yes, I can browse the music files in Kodi. Everything got imported correctly by Emby and I can start playback without an issue.

I just get this message everytime I re-enter the library and also after stopping playback sometimes.

Angelblue05

Ok well try repairing your music library. You can just start it, then stop it after a few. by exiting Kodi Then Start Kodi and forget the sync that's trying to resume. Then try to access music. Let me know if it does make a difference.

Edited by Angelblue05

So I repaired the library, stopped it after a while and then didn't resume the sync. The error message is gone indeed, but of course the library isn't complete now :)

• Like 1

Angelblue05

I'm sorry, do another repair and let it complete. That's really interesting and you said you did a reset. I will have to see why it didn't take with a new setup. Thanks for reporting.

Just wanted to report back that its working now after the complete repair.

This is the first time for me since using Emby that I sync my Kodi music library with it.

I already tried in the past but always had issues and unsolvable differences between a synced library and a stand alone Kodi library.

So a big thank you for the hard work on that plugin.

Works like a charm now :)

• Like 1