External subtitles

hhb97b
Go to solution Solved by babgvant,

hhb97b

Hi

First of all thank you for implementing external subtitles in the dev branch. I believe that I have found a bug in the implementation of srt files. The problem is with the second line of subtitle is not being shown. An example of this

01:15:09,984 --> 01:15:12,735
- Var det det hele? (line 1)
- Det var det hele. (line 2)

Line 1 is shown correctly but line 2 is never shown, but line1 is higher up than normal in the picture. Currently I don't know if this is a general error or not.

I not using xySubFilter. UPDATE: this is an error, xysubfilter is checked in the configuration area

Let me know if more information is needed and I will do what I can to produce them.

Thx again

Edited by hhb97b
  • Like 1

hhb97b

Just tested with a couple of movies and all of the same the same error. I tested the subtiles in mpc-hc to make sure that they worked, which they did. However sub format seems to be working with the second line in MBT.

I found another error. I tried to change the subtiles from my native language to english, but the subtile stream didn't change. I kept seeing my native language. I have setup lav splitter to take the native language first and then english, but I would still expect the subtitle selector to work.

hhb97b

Hi

The server is running version Version 3.0.5238.121 and mbt is running 3.0.5233.39319. Both server and mbt is running dev branch. no external players, Lav splitter is configured with da,dan,eng as audio and subtiles preferences. To my knowledge the rest of it is default settings in lav splitter.  xysubfilter is enabled and I believe it is installed. if i uncheck xysubfilter no subtitles are shown. Hardware mode is disabled and audio bitstream mode is set to none. Audio render is default. However my tv is only running 1360 * 768 in resolution, don't know if that could be an issue.  It hasn't been so far. 

Step to reproduce the errror.

1. find a movie where i have a .srt file

2. play the movie

3. Go to a place in the movie where the subtitles should be shown on two lines.

01:15:09,984 --> 01:15:12,735
- Var det det hele? (line 1)
- Det var det hele. (line 2)

4. You will now see "- Var det det hele?" in the picture but not "- Det var det hele.".

I have attached a picture where the 2 lines should be shown. It seems like the top of second line is being shown with a white dot in the middle

5367c065dd316_subtitle.png

Hope it helps

update: tried the same thing on a 1920*1080 screen and I'm also not able to see the second line

Edited by hhb97b

babgvant

What movie (attaching the SRT or telling me where I might find it would be useful)?

babgvant

Thanks. I can reproduce the issue. It's quite strange. I'll have to dig into it a bit.

hhb97b

Here you go. Please rename txt to srt. I couldn't upload with that name. I haven't identified any srt which works with the second line.

BTW the picture above is from lone survivor and the subtitle shown is number 122 in the file.

Lone Survivor.da.txt

Captain Phillips.da.txt

Edited by hhb97b

• Solution
babgvant

Fixed. Apparently you need to tell XySubFilter that it should present multi-line text subtitles as a single image (bizarre).

To pull down the updated presenter delete COMObjects\LastChecked.txt.

• Like 2

hhb97b

It also fixed my issue with the second line not being shown. Thanks.

However I'm still not able to change the subtitle from an external to an internal subtitle. It keep showing the external one, If danish is set preselected by lav splitter the selected language in MBT subtitle menu is wrong.