Connect invite api is not found on my emby server

mcubaynes

if you look at the picture above it says api missing

No, that does not indicate the API is "missing".

That "not found" means that the user you attempted to link to was not found.  There should have been a message box telling you this which is why I was asking what the interface said when this happened.

mcubaynes

ok, so now im getting an invite on my personnel account, when i try my friend he also gets an invite but when he tries to connect with is phone it says wrong user and password, and when i login with the same credentials on a computer it works, but i have to login twice on a computer

achharsingh

Hi ebr,

I am the author of the module.

I have read the full thread and will try to answer all questions.

Let me back up and ask why you are attempting to use Connect in the first place... what are you trying to setup?  Perhaps there is an easier way.

They just want to use the emby connect invitation to let the client use emby app.

We are just facing these issues discussed in this thread.

When it say "not found" or 500 internal error in console then this popup appears(please see img)

You are not missing an API.

But the above didn't really answer my question.  I see you are running the server in a cloud instance.  Did you install the server or did they do that for you?

You don't have to use Connect.  You can just create users and log in with those using the address of your server.

@@mcubaynes installed and configure the emby server. 

Local users are being created successfully and user can login to emby server without any issue.

But module sends the emby connect invite using the connect API which is not working. The connect api is showing the strange behaviour sometimes its working and sometimes its not.

"You don't have to use Connect" => Can please explain it a bit? ( Because all over client's want emby connect invites)

No, that does not indicate the API is "missing".

That "not found" means that the user you attempted to link to was not found.  There should have been a message box telling you this which is why I was asking what the interface said when this happened.

5c5d9e9d54804_Screenshot20190207at112042

Regards

Achhar Singh

Edited by achharsingh

To not use Connect, you simply create a user and then tell people the server address and user and password in order to log in.

The message shown by the interface in this instance is attempting to tell you that the Connect ID you entered may not be valid by saying "Have you created an Emby account.  Sign up at..."

In the example I saw above, the issue was the fact that a link was attempted to a non-existent Connect account.

Honestly, I suggest you just use local users and provide credentials to people to sign in as we are looking to greatly simplify this process in the near future.

Thanks.

mcubaynes

1. i am able to send invites from emby server

are the users supposed to be able to connect to emby without accepting the invite, because at this moment thats what it does

just tested again by creating an emby user from url website with the order form, got created in whmcs, got the email then was able to connect to emby with accepting the invite, in emby still shows pending, and once i accept invites still pending in emby

achharsingh

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
We can stop using the connect api for now.

But would like to explore the api endpoints.

We can see in swagger there are 2 endpoints for same purpose:

/Connect/Invite 

/Users/Connect/{Id}/Link 

Is there any difference or both works in same way?

Also any configuration needs special attention to use connect api or we can just use the emby admin having connect account as authentication.

In above response "Connect ID you entered may not be valid"
Is there any validation to use before sending the connect ID to api or from emby admin panel?

Regards

Achhar Singh

Edited by achharsingh

The fact there are two different ways to do this is what is going to get cleaned up.  I would not spend a lot of effort trying to understand or integrate with the Connect API.  Thanks.

achharsingh

Hi,

Can you please clear here should We have to try the connect api or should wait for update (to get cleaned up)?

The fact there are two different ways to do this is what is going to get cleaned up.  I would not spend a lot of effort trying to understand or integrate with the Connect API.  Thanks.

Regards

Achhar Singh

How do I doi that with whmcs

I'm sorry but I don't know what whmcs is...

In Emby, you just create users in your dashboard.

Users

achharsingh

@macubaynes wants to send the invites from his website directly to users.

WHMCS is a billing software @macubaynes is using for his website.

@macubaynes wants to send the invites from his website directly to users.

WHMCS is a billing software @macubaynes is using for his website.

I'm afraid we just haven't designed the system for this type of thing.  We are a Personal Media server.