v3.317 + server 4.0.1.0 = PROBLEMS

rms8

@@ebr

@@Luke

Guys,  I am just about back to normal with EMC & Server since the issues encountered after the most recent SW updates.

The one remaining problem is that new movie additions are NOT displaying on the EHS.  I do not believe this a theme issue since I tried it on Chocolate and Subdued and new additions still do not show up on the EHS.  All new additions BEFORE the SW updates are still displaying though.  I don't know if this is an EMC issue or Server issue.

Any ideas????

I understand but I'm just asking questions so that we can collect information. Thanks.

I hope my post didn't come off weird.  I was just explaining that I've never used the web app so I won't be able to provide any insight from that perspective.

throgmorton

I hope my post didn't come off weird.  I was just explaining that I've never used the web app so I won't be able to provide any insight from that perspective.

Thats fine but he wants to know if you go to the web app do you get the latest movies shown as this will dictate whether the problem is with the Server or its with Emby for WMC Client.

So just quickly check the web app from your server and see.

I understand but I'm just asking questions so that we can collect information. Thanks.

Thats fine but he wants to know if you go to the web app do you get the latest movies shown as this will dictate whether the problem is with the Server or its with Emby for WMC Client.

So just quickly check the web app from your server and see.

I knew that's what was implied, but to be honest, I'm not even sure what the "web" app is.

I tried the "web" app (hope this is the right thing) from my main PC.  The web app says "Latest MOVIES".  Is that supposed to be the same as "Newest Additions" in EMC ??  Either way, it is NOT showing ANY of the most recently added movies in the list below.  At least in EMC it still shows the most recent additions BEFORE the updates.

VIA  WEB  APP:

5c601c7360f8d_Capture.jpg

VIA EMC :

5c5b692c49ed0_20190206_170410.jpg

throgmorton

So It looks like its a server issue as I assume Latest Movies should be showing the newest added to your collection.  I'm guessing you also don't have any other plugin like those Timelord ones which alter the metadata of date creation to fall in line with their release dates.

What is also is strange is the Web App doesn't match the EMC either.  I would have thought they would have at least matched...

So It looks like its a server issue as I assume Latest Movies should be showing the newest added to your collection.  I'm guessing you also don't have any other plugin like those Timelord ones which alter the metadata of date creation to fall in line with their release dates.

What is also is strange is the Web App doesn't match the EMC either.  I would have thought they would have at least matched...

That's kinda what I was thinking too, but since I've never used the web app, i wasn't a hundy.

I'll wait to see what

@@ebr

and

@@Luke

have to say about it.

Edited by rms8

Are any of the missing ones marked as watched? Because in your user preferences in the web app you can hide watched content from latest lists.

All apps are supposed to be using this setting, but it's possible that EMC may have never gotten that.

dansblackcat

I have a similar issue.

Everything appears normal on my web app and android apps, all media appears.

In EMC I haven't had the new media added updates pop up for quite a while. To get any newly added items to appear I have to close out of EMC and restart it.

Are any of the missing ones marked as watched? Because in your user preferences in the web app you can hide watched content from latest lists.

All apps are supposed to be using this setting, but it's possible that EMC may have never gotten that.

Yes, all missing are marked as WATCHED.

BUT, before the SW updates, watched movies which were just added STILL appeared on the EHS when "Newest Additions" was selected at the bottom.  Also, all the movies currently displayed on the EHS have been watched too.  Those were there BEFORE the SW update, and still are.

I tried an experiment which I hope may help you

@@ebr

@@Luke

investigate this a little better ?????

I created a new movie (bohemian rhapsody) and added that to the Server.

As expected, it does NOT appear on the EHS of EMC.  I have attached the Server Log.

This is at the bottom of the log:

2019-02-11 07:40:46.743 Info LibraryMonitor: The Girl in the Spider's Web (\\SERVER-PC\hdd-9\MOVIES HDD-9\The Girl in the Spider's Web (2018)) will be refreshed.

2019-02-11 07:46:31.361 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.103:8096/dlna/9d4cbb73b2a4bc9f4ac08372a05b6fa2/description.xml. UserAgent: Microsoft-Windows/6.1 UPnP/1.0 Windows-Media-Player-DMS/12.0.7601.17514 DLNADOC/1.50

2019-02-11 07:46:31.376 Debug Dlna: No matching device profile found. Cache-Control=no-cache, Connection=Close, Pragma=no-cache, Accept=text/xml, application/xml, Host=192.168.1.103:8096, User-Agent=Microsoft-Windows/6.1 UPnP/1.0 Windows-Media-Player-DMS/12.0.7601.17514 DLNADOC/1.50

2019-02-11 07:46:31.376 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 200 to 127.0.0.1. Time: 16ms. http://192.168.1.103:8096/dlna/9d4cbb73b2a4bc9f4ac08372a05b6fa2/description.xml

2019-02-11 07:47:42.936 Debug LibraryMonitor: New file refresher created for \\SERVER-PC\hdd-9\MOVIES HDD-9\Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

2019-02-11 07:49:44.141 Debug LibraryMonitor: Timer stopped.

2019-02-11 07:49:45.320 Info LibraryMonitor: MOVIES HDD-9 (\\SERVER-PC\hdd-9\MOVIES HDD-9) will be refreshed.

2019-02-11 07:49:45.741 Debug App: Running FFProbeProvider for \\SERVER-PC\hdd-9\MOVIES HDD-9\Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

2019-02-11 07:49:45.929 Error App: Error in ffprobe

*** Error Report ***

Version: 4.0.1.0

embyserver.txt

Edited by rms8

Have you configured your emby user preferences for watched content in latest media?

Not sure I follow.

I have changed nothing is EMC settings nor Server.  Is there a specific name for the setting you're referring to?  And is this an EMC or Server setting?

Try clicking your user icon in the top right of the web app,. then home screen settings. I'm not sure that EMC will use this setting, but it will allow you to control what is seen in the web app and other apps.

Try clicking your user icon in the top right of the web app,. then home screen settings. I'm not sure that EMC will use this setting, but it will allow you to control what is seen in the web app and other apps.

Is this what you're talking about in the web app ?  If it is, it still makes no difference.  The web app is still displaying like the pic a few post above.

5c61cbdc6784d_Capture.jpg

Edited by rms8

No, lower down there is a checkbox about hiding watched content from latest media.

Okay, found it and I UNCHECKED it.  Now the web app is displaying just like EMC....which is to say New Additions do not appear on the EHS after the SW updates :

5c61d6f8081de_Capture.jpg

Edited by rms8

Sorry, my mistake. I think the upgrade may have affected some of the "date added" values of your movies.

What i would do is compare the date added values of the titles you DO see, versus the titles you don't. You can see the value on the web app detail screen, or in the metadata manager.

Sorry, my mistake. I think the upgrade may have affected some of the "date added" values of your movies.

What i would do is compare the date added values of the titles you DO see, versus the titles you don't. You can see the value on the web app detail screen, or in the metadata manager.

I think you figured it out....well sort-a.

Note the date of a newly added (BEFORE software update) movie:

5c62002448060_mid90.jpg

Now look at the odd dates on newly added (AFTER software update) movies:

5c620066dc91a_girl.jpg      5c62007523d31_br.jpg

They are BOTH the SAME date, but the first was added a week ago.  The second was added this AM.  And that date makes no sense too.  So it looks like you discovered WHY they are not showing up in EHS of EMC & WebApp, but now what to do to fix it.

Great question @@Luke

I just verified the clock on the Server is correct. The movie.xml also has the correct "Added" date in it too.

Edited by rms8

Thanks, I am trying to chase that down as I've seen it once or twice but cant' get it to happen consistently. In the meantime if you were to use the metadata editor to edit those entries, I would think that would do it.

• Like 1

Thanks, I am trying to chase that down as I've seen it once or twice but cant' get it to happen consistently. In the meantime if you were to use the metadata editor to edit those entries, I would think that would do it.

Changed the date per your suggestion and they now appear in both EMC EHS  & Web App :

5c62c191dbc86_web.jpg

5c62c1a4695cd_20190212_064739.jpg

Edited by rms8