Emby Version 4 real-time monitoring is not working - Synology 2413/15+ and all other

Seger
Go to solution Solved by Seger,

Hello @@Luke @@solabc16 @@All

It may be that there is a problem with the real-time monitoring in version 4.0.1. gives? Was always beta-tester and have updated quite normal to the stable version. Otherwise, everything was always running, but since the update to 4.0.1 real-time monitoring is running at any library (movies or series). Otherwise everything will work. As soon as I push a scan manually everything works.

Seger

Edited by Seger

Edit: log

@@Luke @@solabc16

Edit 2: new Log

I've moved a bit and disabled and enabled the "Real-time monitoring" settings in the library, after which it seems to be running. But you can still see mistakes in the log ...

Edited by Seger

thekingswolf

Examples of movies that have been added to the library in this time frame:

Predator (1987)

Angels and Demons

The Hangover Part III

Manually scanning library adds new content.  Enable real time monitoring is checked. Files are on mapped drive VIA Synology DS1618+ NAS.  Fresh server install.

Also the scan takes a long time, longer than it used to on previous versions.  My whole database is already built.  This is just a scan to add new items that aren't being picked up automatically with the real time file monitoring.

logfile.txt

Edited by thekingswolf

Can you please enable debug logging under logs, restart the server, then add new content, give it a little time, then attach the log? 

Also if you setup Emby using mapped network drives, I would suggest using the original network locations instead.

Thanks.

thekingswolf

ok i will once this current scan finishes.  and I say the drive is mapped but in the library I use the network address, does that matter?

5c5898dfecbeb_network.png

thekingswolf
Debug logging enabled.

Server restarted.  

Added movie to library folder- Velvet Buzzsaw (2019).

Added TV Episode to library folder - Brooklyn Nine-Nine S05E21

Waited about 45minutes.

here is the log.

logfile.txt

solabc16

Hello @@thekingswolf

Thanks for getting in touch, you're not running Emby Server on your NAS are you? This may be better addressed on the Windows forum to avoid any confusion.

Best

- James

thekingswolf

no i'm not.  i thought about it but i felt the transcoding would be too weak.  i posted here cause you were having the same issue, are you running emby server on the nas itself?  my server is running on a dedicated pc.

ok i will once this current scan finishes.  and I say the drive is mapped but in the library I use the network address, does that matter?

5c5898dfecbeb_network.png

That's fine as it is.

It's possible that it's just not going to work with the network drive. The realtime monitor will not work with every possible setup out there. We're limited to what the .net core runtime supports with it, and it's possible that in this scenario it just won't work. If you were to put media on the server machine and then try it that way, I'm sure it would work fine.

solabc16

no i'm not.  i thought about it but i felt the transcoding would be too weak.  i posted here cause you were having the same issue, are you running emby server on the nas itself?  my server is running on a dedicated pc.

Hello @@thekingswolf, yeah - the 'denverton' processors are good but not going to cut it if you require transcoding in your setup.

The users we're troubleshooting for here are having problems with reattime monitoring when running the native Synology/XPEnology package.

Best

- James

thekingswolf

It's possible that it's just not going to work with the network drive. The realtime monitor will not work with every possible setup out there. We're limited to what the .net core runtime supports with it, and it's possible that in this scenario it just won't work. If you were to put media on the server machine and then try it that way, I'm sure it would work fine.

surely pointing emby to a NAS on a network is a common configuration.

Yes of course, but that doesn't mean the file system monitor is going to be available with it, especially since it's also not windows-based. If both the server machine and NAS were either windows based or linux based, then it would probably have a better chance.

thekingswolf

it seems to work now.  instead of using the network address for the folder location, I used the mapped drive letter location instead and the real time monitoring seems to work now.  Just an FYI to those having similar issue.

Well, we actually don't recommend using mapped drive letters. Windows will disconnect the mapped drive when it idles and then the server will be unable to reach it.

thekingswolf

ugh.

You cannot use this method to turn off the autodisconnect feature of the Server service. You can only use this method to change the default time-out period for the autodisconnect feature.

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit (Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003) or type regedt32 (Windows NT 4.0), and then click OK.
  2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters
  3. In the right pane, click the autodisconnect value, and then on the Edit menu, click Modify. If the autodisconnect value does not exist, follow these steps:
    1. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click REG_DWORD.
    2. Type autodisconnect, and then press ENTER.
  4. On the Edit menu, click Modify.
  5. Click Hexadecimal.
  6. In the Value data box, type ffffffff, and then click OK.

NOTE: The client-side session is automatically disconnected when the idling time lasts more than the duration that is set in KeepConn. Therefore, the session is disconnected according to the shorter set duration value between AutoDisConnect and KeepConn. To change the time-out duration in the client-side during a UNC connection, specify the arbitrary time in KeepConn.
Locate and then click the following key in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanworkstation\parametersValue: KeepConn
Data type : REG_DWORD
Range : 1 to 65535 (sec)
Default value: 600 sec = 10 mins

Edited by thekingswolf

Hjlfmir

Hi all,

Since Emby 4.x, real-time monitoring is not working on my Synology 2413+.
It works great on 2 other NAS using Emby (DS411 and DS216+ II).

Real-time monitoring works good when I restart NAS or Emby server, but after some hours, it stops working.

For tests, I restarted the server and move, file by file with time between each, TV Show episode in a survey folder.

At the beginning, it worked, but after about some hours, it stops working.

Server log attached.

Thank you for your help.

Vincent.

EDIT : file attached

Emby log.txt

Edited by Hjlfmir