Emby Guide Data with IPTV?

tvmainia

tvmainia

Hi,

I am using an IPTV provider.

EPG: selected Emby Guide Data, I added my zip code, chose Dish, mapped every channel manually.

Refreshed guide, completed, restarted, nothing works. Guide is completely empty. Logos are looking good.

Any ideas?

Also, can I have the channel name be simply the Dish channel name, and not the IPTV provider name:

As in: I don't want:

10166 US: DISCOVERY FAMILY

but

DISCOVERY FAMILY

Thanks!

tvmainia

Positive. I spent more than an hour with a dish network guide for channels PDF on one side of the screen and Emby on the other, clicking each IPTV channel and mapping into the correct channel on the right side pop up

kanipek

Hi,

I am using an IPTV provider.

EPG: selected Emby Guide Data, I added my zip code, chose Dish, mapped every channel manually.

Refreshed guide, completed, restarted, nothing works. Guide is completely empty. Logos are looking good.

Any ideas?

Also, can I have the channel name be simply the Dish channel name, and not the IPTV provider name:

As in: I don't want:

10166 US: DISCOVERY FAMILY

but

DISCOVERY FAMILY

Thanks!

Make a copy first of your M3U - before making changes.

Since you are attempting to use Emby Guide data and not the providers EPG you should be able to edit the M3U file in notepad++ -->Search -->Replace -->Search for what you want to replace -Find What: (US: ) -Replace With (nothing) check the Match Whole Word Only option and click Replace All. Save it.

Delete the M3U tuner in Emby, Add a new one with the changed M3U and run a refresh guide.

If you post a log we can look for errors that might apply to your missing guide data.

Make a copy first of your M3U - before making changes.

See:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/790-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by kanipek
  • Like 1

tvmainia

Thank you, but does the above you suggested address the naming convention of the channels? That's a minor issue. Also, if I delete the tuner with all my work of mapping channels be gone?

Or does it address the EPG data missing?

I understand everything you said and yes of course I know I can change the channel names with a text editor in the M3u file itself, I just thought maybe there was a naming convention tweak makeable in Emby admin.

Edited by tvmainia

kanipek

Thank you, but does the above you suggested address the naming convention of the channels? That's a minor issue. Also, if I delete the tuner with all my work of mapping channels be gone?

Or does it address the EPG data missing?

I understand everything you said and yes of course I know I can change the channel names with a text editor in the M3u file itself, I just thought maybe there was a naming convention tweak makeable in Emby admin.

Editing the M3U will fix the naming convention.

Deleting and re-adding the tuner will lose all the channel mappings.

There is no current method to do this from within Emby. In the future you will be able to do this - most likely.

You really need to post a log - if you are concerned about security of any IP or username/password data being exposed -- either sanitze the log or PM it to @@Luke.

tvmainia

So I guess Emby attaches a number to the channel, because, for example, the m3u shows:

#EXTINF:-1,US: AMERICAN HEROES CHANNEL

and the Emby channel shows as:

1482 US: AMERICAN HEROES CHANNEL

Why does Emby attach that number? Attaching "195" may make sense because that is the Dish Network channel number for American Heroes Channel.

Any way to get rid of THOSE numbers that Emby adds on? Sure I can edit the M3u and get rid of "US"

Thank you!

kanipek

So I guess Emby attaches a number to the channel, because, for example, the m3u shows:

#EXTINF:-1,US: AMERICAN HEROES CHANNEL

and the Emby channel shows as:

1482 US: AMERICAN HEROES CHANNEL

Why does Emby attach that number? Attaching "195" may make sense because that is the Dish Network channel number for American Heroes Channel.

Any way to get rid of THOSE numbers that Emby adds on? Sure I can edit the M3u and get rid of "US"

Thank you!

That number is coming from the M3U file -at least in my case it does:

http:/xxxxx.xxx:####/username@.com/password/27363

That number in red is what is used by Emby as the channel number which works but all the channels are in no order at all. So by adding channel-id=""(the easy part) to each channel entry in the M3U and then filling in a number(the hard part) so it looks liked channel-id="620" then you can do some organizing, and I used the numbers from a local provider as well.

Example:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" channel-id="234" tvg-name="channelname" tvg-logo="http://pathtologofile.png" group-title="USA",CHANNELNAME

How many channels are you looking at?
Edited by kanipek

tvmainia

thanks! got it. yuck. I may do that...

Only US channels. About 150

That number is coming from the M3U file -at least in my case it does:

http:/xxxxx.xxx:####/username@.com/password/27363

That number in red is what is used by Emby as the channel number which works but all the channels are in no order at all. So by adding channel-id=""(the easy part) to each channel entry in the M3U and then filling in a number(the hard part) so it looks liked channel-id="620" then you can do some organizing, and I used the numbers from a local provider as well.

Example:
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" channel-id="234" tvg-name="channelname" tvg-logo="http://pathtologofile.png" group-title="USA",CHANNELNAME

How many channels are you looking at?

Glad you got this working.  Our guide data is not really designed for IPTV.  Your service should be providing proper guide data that you don't have to go through all this manual setup for.

Spaceboy

Glad you got this working. Our guide data is not really designed for IPTV. Your service should be providing proper guide data that you don't have to go through all this manual setup for.

thats not the case, the guide data is fine. The issue is the very poor channel management capability in emby
  • Like 2

I am using xTeVe to Filter only the channels I want and then when mapping the channels in xTeVe I change the channel number to the one that matches the guide I am using (like DirectTV) then when you set it up in Emby and choose DirectTV as the provider, it will automatically map each channel since the channel number matches and will be the DirectTV channel numbers in the guide. If Emby could add in filtering of channels from m3u and then be able to edit mapping channel that would then not have to use xTeVe.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone please tell me how I can get my IPTV working on Emby.

I add the link in IPTV plugins but I keep getting this message: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

10 hours ago, Revve15 said:

Can anyone please tell me how I can get my IPTV working on Emby.

I add the link in IPTV plugins but I keep getting this message: No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

Hi there @Revve15 let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a problem. Thanks !