Emby epg with iptv

Efeezy

Hello, I am using a iptv service, eternal TV, and having some problems mapping channels. Not sure what service I should use. The eternal TV xmltv is not that great and would like to use the emby service. Not sure what channel list I should be using, ie: comcast, direct TV, etc.. anyone figure this out? And is there a channel guide available? Mapping with the abbrv. Channel list is terrible. Thank you!!

kanipek

Hi -

There are a number of ways to do this. Are you going to use Emby guide data or XMLTV?

kanipek

I would like to use the emby guide. Gives alot more info than the xmltv guide provided by eternal..I think...

Sent you a PM

• 1 year later...
Exeltv04062

Hello Fellas. I am also a subscriber to the same IPTV service and have been a customer for over 2 years. I also would like to set it up so I can watch live tv inside Emby. Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance.

Hello Fellas. I am also a subscriber to the same IPTV service and have been a customer for over 2 years. I also would like to set it up so I can watch live tv inside Emby. Can someone please help me out? Thanks in advance.

HI there, how far have you gotten?

Exeltv04062

HI there, how far have you gotten?

Well so far I have my m3u url which includes my username and password as well as my EPG url. I went to settings in emby and where it says Live TV, I chose add tv source then selected M3U tuner. I copy and pasted my m3u url and also pasted my EPG url under tv guide sources but when I go back home and click Live TV, there are no channels, no guide, nothing. Anyone know where I went wrong?

Spaceboy

Well so far I have my m3u url which includes my username and password as well as my EPG url. I went to settings in emby and where it says Live TV, I chose add tv source then selected M3U tuner. I copy and pasted my m3u url and also pasted my EPG url under tv guide sources but when I go back home and click Live TV, there are no channels, no guide, nothing. Anyone know where I went wrong?

what happens when you paste your m3u in a browser search bar and press enter?

Exeltv04062

what happens when you paste your m3u in a browser search bar and press enter?

Not sure if it matters but my m3u looks a little weird since it includes my password and other info.

Did you wait for the guide refresh process to complete?

Exeltv04062

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback.

Luke, the URL that my IPTV provider provides us with is a little different from an actual m3u file. Were other Eternal users able to set it up correctly with Emby? This is what my URL looks like:

http://etvhosting.xyz:8080/get.php?username=username&password=password&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

I'm guessing thats why it wont work for me? Because its not an actual m3u?

Spaceboy

Yeah that where I was going, you need a url that will download you an m3u. Doesn’t sound like that’s what you’ve got. Go back to your provider and ask for the url to get an m3u file

• 9 months later...