Scrolling through guide vertically

BobbyDing

BobbyDing

Hi. So I noticed today that in the Android TV guide (1.6.79) when I move to a time (usually 8pm, Prime time) and scroll down to see what's on that evening, the selected time will change as the selection box hits shows that don't start at 8pm. Usually I don't get too far before I'm nowhere near the original time I selected. The theater, web and Roku apps do not suffer from this issue. Can this be corrected in the future for the Android TV app?

Thanks!

BobbyDing

At work and can supply a video tomorrow. But, just bring up the guide and move right to a future time. Then scroll down/up through the channels. By the time I reach the bottom of the guide I'm at a different time than I was at the top of the guide. Sometimes way off the original time. As I said, I'll post a video tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Bobby

At work and can supply a video tomorrow. But, just bring up the guide and move right to a future time. Then scroll down/up through the channels. By the time I reach the bottom of the guide I'm at a different time than I was at the top of the guide. Sometimes way off the original time. As I said, I'll post a video tomorrow.

Thanks!!!

Bobby

Your focus is going to follow the programs and the control will attempt to bring whichever program is in focus into view.

So, if you went to, say 8pm when it was now 2pm and started scrolling down and encountered a movie that started at 5pm then focus is going to go there in order to show you that item.

The web app does not have a concept of "focus" and you simply scroll a window without changing the current item so this would never be an issue there.  The Roku currently doesn't have dynamic scrolling so it also won't have this behavior.