846 replies to this topic

#841 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 136081 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 AM

Posted 08 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

You can still use xteve, I just would suggest turning off the buffering feature.

#842 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1023 posts
  • Local time: 07:02 AM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:13 PM

I have had buffering turned on (8MB, 750-timeout) in xTeVe for a while now and haven't seen any issues using it.

Buffering provides an excellent front end protection against provider errors.

Also, I have Live TV direct streaming turned on.

As far as back-to-back shows. I no longer do that on the same provider. Everything is stable for me.

Edited by dcol, 09 August 2019 - 01:32 PM.

#843 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3870 posts
  • Local time: 03:02 PM

Posted 09 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

Yeah without buffering xteve just provides a modified m3u to emby. It plays no part in the streaming process. All good here without buffering, I’ve never used it.

#844 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:39 PM

The issue from dcol is the one I was talking about and afair it was resolved by removing xteve.

I like xteve too much. I would downgrade emby rather than removing xteve. Hopefully Luke is right and it is only the buffering that interferes.

You can still use xteve, I just would suggest turning off the buffering feature.

Ok, never used the buffering, so hopefully xteve will work without the buffer feature. I did change the iptv password. So far so good, but too early to tell whether the issue is resolved.

I have had buffering turned on (8MB, 750-timeout) in xTeVe for a while now and haven't seen any issues using it.

Buffering provides an excellent front end protection against provider errors.

Also, I have Live TV direct streaming turned on.

As far as back-to-back shows. I no longer do that on the same provider. Everything is stable for me.

Hm, then I am puzzled about what caused the issue before, but I am glad it is now working for you.

Yeah without buffering xteve just provides a modified m3u to emby. It plays no part in the streaming process. All good here without buffering, I’ve never used it.

Thanks, then there is hope for me.

#845 softworkz OFFLINE  

softworkz

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 1680 posts
  • Local time: 04:02 PM

Posted 09 August 2019 - 07:45 PM

@revengineer - besides your current issue: 

What are the important features of xteve that are missing in Emby from your point of view?

#846 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:14 AM

What are the important features of xteve that are missing in Emby from your point of view?

I like xteve's channel management. My IPTV provider gives me thousands of channels of which I only need 10-20 foreign channels, which I otherwise cannot subscribe to. xteve allows me to group by country and turn individual channels on and off. With emby I used to trim the m3u file but I found it tedious to add and remove channels. Another benefit is that it is easier to map guide data from schedules direct, which I continue to need for foreign programming because emby does not support these countries. The last time I checked, Germany was one of the unsupported countries.

#847 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3870 posts
  • Local time: 03:02 PM

Posted 10 August 2019 - 08:27 AM

for me it’s

Having a robust independent backend that can supply a m3u to more than one emby install if needed. I like that I can reinstall emby and still have all my series recordings work properly.
Being able to manage what’s in the guide. Xteve has some nice filtering so you can exclude large groups of unwanted channels and then with the remainder you select what you want or not in a stream by stream menu
Channel matching to epg is much better
The ability to recognise thAt although the channel name has changed the stream should be retained
Dummy epg
Channel renumbering

The problem is at this stage xteve does what it does so perfectly that it’s going to be quite difficult for emby to match or improve on it.
  • revengineer likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users