760 replies to this topic

#461 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 126928 posts
  • Local time: 10:58 PM

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:32 PM

Only the server that returns the forbidden status code can tell you why.

#462 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts
  • Local time: 07:58 PM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:49 PM

That is the response from the server. Which responded to the way the data was accessed, which was by Emby.

I can duplicate it. I can record the channel fine, alone. But if I try to record while another channel is recording at the same time and channel, I get a 403 from this one provider. So it has something to do with the request from Emby. Really not a big deal, just thought I would pass it on.

By the way all recordings today went ok.

#463 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Local time: 09:58 PM

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

@dcol, what Luke means is you would need the provider to tell you why their server is returning a 403 error. Each server generates a 403 for different reasons based on the site and what caused the error. No way really for Emby to know why the provider is returning a 403.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#464 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:05 PM

@dcol, what Luke means is you would need the provider to tell you why their server is returning a 403 error. Each server generates a 403 for different reasons based on the site and what caused the error. No way really for Emby to know why the provider is returning a 403.

That ain't going to happen. I know what a 403 error is and can reproduce it by sending the provider the URL with incorrect data. Which is what Emby is sending to them. I just have no way of getting their logs to see what that data was.

#465 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

That ain't going to happen. I know what a 403 error is and can reproduce it by sending the provider the URL with incorrect data. Which is what Emby is sending to them. I just have no way of getting their logs to see what that data was.

You said you can reproduce it, how do you get it to consistently return the 403? It’s by trying to do 2 recordings of the same channel at the same time? Does the log have any clues in it?

#466 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:11 PM

You said you can reproduce it, how do you get it to consistently return the 403? It’s by trying to do 2 recordings of the same channel at the same time? Does the log have any clues in it?

Yes, If I start one recording then start another on the same channel at the same time this provider throws a 403. here is the end of the log

libavutil      56. 14.100 / 56. 14.100
  libavcodec     58. 18.100 / 58. 18.100
  libavformat    58. 12.100 / 58. 12.100
  libavdevice    58.  3.100 / 58.  3.100
  libavfilter     7. 16.100 /  7. 16.100
  libswscale      5.  1.100 /  5.  1.100
  libswresample   3.  1.100 /  3.  1.100
  libpostproc    55.  1.100 / 55.  1.100
[http @ 0000000002721500] HTTP error 403 Forbidden
http://[removed]/play/3082.ts?token=[removed]: Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied)

Now this provider uses tokens, the others that work do not.

Edited by dcol, 21 February 2019 - 07:13 PM.

#467 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:14 PM

Yes, If I start one recording then start another on the same channel at the same time this provider throws a 403. here is the end of the log

libavutil 56. 14.100 / 56. 14.100
libavcodec 58. 18.100 / 58. 18.100
libavformat 58. 12.100 / 58. 12.100
libavdevice 58. 3.100 / 58. 3.100
libavfilter 7. 16.100 / 7. 16.100
libswscale 5. 1.100 / 5. 1.100
libswresample 3. 1.100 / 3. 1.100
libpostproc 55. 1.100 / 55. 1.100
[http @ 0000000002721500] HTTP error 403 Forbidden
http://[removed]/play/3082.ts?token=[removed]: Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied)

It almost seems like they don’t allow 2 connections to be opened at the same time. Which shouldn’t be the case cause back to back episodes work on the same channel. How are you getting Emby to see the same channel twice to schedule the duplicate recording?

#468 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:23 PM

Emby doesn't allow the same recording twice. And under normal circumstances, one of them just doesn't record. I just use xTeVe to place the same channels in the guide with different channel numbers. And in some cases different shows are on the same channel, same network different location, and Emby will record all of them at the same time as long as they are different shows.

These are different providers so Emby doesn't care what is being recorded as long as it isn't the same show at the same time. The guide does allow it to record. It probably shouldn't and get stopped there. But I really do want to do this sometimes on important shows as a backup.

As an example, I may have CBS LA, CBS Chicago, and CBS NY on three channels. I can record multiple shows at the same time if they are different shows on these channels. But not if they are the same show. And if one particular provider is used, they throw the 403 error.

I am not asking Emby to fix this, just thought the info would be helpful.

Edited by dcol, 21 February 2019 - 07:28 PM.

#469 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

Emby doesn't allow the same recording twice. And under normal circumstances, one of them just doesn't record. I just use xTeVe to place the same channels in the guide with different channel numbers. And in some cases different shows are on the same channel, same network different location, and Emby will record all of them at the same time as long as they are different shows.
These are different providers so Emby doesn't care what is being recorded as long as it isn't the same show at the same time. The guide does allow it to record. It probably shouldn't and get stopped there. But I really do want to do this sometimes on important shows as a backup.

As an example, I may have CBS LA, CBS Chicago, and CBS NY on three channels. I can record multiple shows at the same time if they are different shows on these channels. But not if they are the same show. And if one particular provider is used, they throw the 403 error.

I am not asking Emby to fix this, just thought the info would be helpful.

Ok now I understand. It’s the limitation of Emby not being able to record the same show on multiple channels even if they are different providers. It gets confused somehow. Yeah it would be nice to have this ability. I could see this coming into play if 2 people were watching on 2 different devices and both schedule a recording for the same show. It should be possible. And something they should look into.

#470 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 126928 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:52 PM

Knowing that this is IPTV that gives us a good clue that it is probably related to connection limits, but without help from the provider there is no way to know for sure.

#471 IkeTaylor11 OFFLINE  

IkeTaylor11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:01 AM

Knowing that this is IPTV that gives us a good clue that it is probably related to connection limits, but without help from the provider there is no way to know for sure.

It’s not connection limits. He’s using 2 different providers so it’s 1 connection per sub. Emby doesn’t have the ability to record the same show on multiple channels. You can’t even schedule the same show on different channels. So I think he is using just the record option, not series record.

#472 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2838 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:17 AM

It almost seems like they don’t allow 2 connections to be opened at the same time. Which shouldn’t be the case cause back to back episodes work on the same channel. How are you getting Emby to see the same channel twice to schedule the duplicate recording?

Or they don't allow the same channel to be recorded from the same IP address which could also be the issue.

Can you view the same channel 2 times from VNC on different machine in your local network?

#473 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2838 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 08:29 AM

It’s not connection limits. He’s using 2 different providers so it’s 1 connection per sub. Emby doesn’t have the ability to record the same show on multiple channels. You can’t even schedule the same show on different channels. So I think he is using just the record option, not series record.

I'm not sure that is true.

For example I normally have CBS turned on ONLY on my Quatro (OTA) but the day of the superbowl I also turned CBS on in my Primes.  I then rescaned my channels and got two different channels showing up in my Emby lineup.  I had 3.1 for CBS OTA and 1003 for CBS via Prime from Comcast Xfinity.  I used the same EPG source to map to both channels so the EPG entries were of course exactly the same in every way.

I don't recall if one was automatically scheduled or not but do remember setting at least on of them up as a manual recording.  Both recorded just fine and of course I watched it live as well.

I had zero issues doing this.  Now with that said I wouldn't expect Emby to schedule the recording automatically on both channels as there would be no point in doing that.

So Emby can record the same show on different channels at the same time if you manually set up at least one of them.  At least that's what I found from this ONE time I did this.

#474 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

Or they don't allow the same channel to be recorded from the same IP address which could also be the issue.

Can you view the same channel 2 times from VNC on different machine in your local network?

Yes, I can view and record up to 5 connections.

#475 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Local time: 04:58 AM

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:43 AM

SOME providers provide a User Dashboard, where the user can monitor the connections in use of their subscription. So far I haven't heard the guys testing recordings using that....

So to rule out connection limits, they have to monitor that User Dashboard to see what happens during recording and especially during overlapping of recordings.

Example of User IPTV Dashboard monitoring where 2 connections are in use (sanitized):

5c7017f2b98fb_2_connections.png

#476 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 11:57 AM

SOME providers provide a User Dashboard, where the user can monitor the connections in use of their subscription. So far I haven't heard the guys testing recordings using that....

So to rule out connection limits, they have to monitor that User Dashboard to see what happens during recording and especially during overlapping of recordings.

Example of User IPTV Dashboard monitoring where 2 connections are in use (sanitized):

5c7017f2b98fb_2_connections.png

None of my providers have these.

#477 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

I now have a good test. Every show has a log with no errors. In the case where it states below 'both shows', these are two shows in the folder with slightly different names or '-1' was appended to the name on one of the shows.

On the cases that had only one show in the folder, The log shows both finished, but had the same names and were not appended. Either one show overwrote the other or Emby deleted one.

Every show completed without error. Seems that as long as you use different m3u's, you can record two shows at once but only one displays in the library even though there are 2 in the folder. So there is no way to get to the second one within Emby if there is a problem with the first one.

All test are using Container:mpegts

Tests with the same show at the same time using same two providers (both non-token)
Test1: Different providers different m3u - Flippers - Both shows
Test2: Different providers same m3u - News - One show w/2 logs
Test3: Same provider different m3u - True Crime - Both shows

Tests with the same show at the same time using same two providers (one with token)
Test1: Different providers different m3u - Springer - Both shows
Test2: Different providers same m3u - Couples - One show w/2 logs
Test3: Same provider different m3u - Daily Mail - Both shows

For obvious reasons, I could not do the same provider with the same m3u.

In every case, the library displays only one show, but there are actually two shows in the folder except for the 'one show' above..

Edited by dcol, 22 February 2019 - 06:00 PM.

#478 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:10 PM

In conclusion to my last post. It appears that Emby has fixed their recording issues. And previous issues I have experienced since version 4.1.0.9 I attribute to a problem with the providers stream.

The only thing, at this point, that I would like to see is a way to get to the duplicate shows that exist in the folders. Otherwise there is no point in recording duplicate shows if you cannot access them in Emby. I suppose I could setup a DLNA to access these shows.

#479 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2838 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:31 AM

They will both show up as the same show with different versions.

It's almost the same thing as when you restart the server in the middle of a recording and end up with multiple part recordings.

#480 revengineer OFFLINE  

revengineer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:23 AM

I also had trouble with premature ending of recordings using version 4.0.2.0 even though watching TV is working flawlessly. I tried beta 4.1.0.9 and things improved markedly. After two days of failed recordings with the stable version, the beta recorded 3 shows over night in full length. 

I am confused that others reported that emby is now always transcoding with looping now being the default. When I watch live TV in chrome browser, the stats for nerds show that channels are direct streaming. What am I missing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users