dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts
  • Local time: 08:09 AM
  • LocationTucson, Arizona

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

I am testing Emby recording Live TV now with the new version 4.x

I have been using NextPVR for all my recordings which has worked well but I wanted to consolidate operations so I started setting up some recordings on Emby which are having issues. some of the recordings just stop and never complete. See the log attached.

Emby has not proven to be reliable enough to handle all my scheduled recordings yet.

What is causing this? Never had this issue with NPVR.

Live TV streams unpredictably just up and quit with Emby whether just watching or recording. This does not happen with NPVR on the recordings or Perfect Player watching streams. I have been discussing the Live TV quitting in other threads, but now it is more serious because it is also happening in the recordings so this is NOT an EXO player issue. I thought it was an Android issue, but this also happens outside Android.

This happens from 2 different server installs on two different system. One is running the beta version. Must have something to do with how Emby handles m3u streams. At this point I cannot rely on Emby handling IPTV streams. Everything else works fine. I also have multiple m3u streams available from different sources, so I cannot blame the streams.

The fact that I am using the new version is not relevant because the few times I used Emby to watch or record m3u streams in the past have also had issues. I just never really used Emby to watch or record m3u streams in the past. Now that I am really testing it I see many issues. The few recordings I have had Emby do in the past have had issues with stopping early or not recording at all. Some did work, some did not. I have had one hour recordings show a 500+ minute show length and some only 15 or so minutes.

If there is any info, tests, or logs you need, let me know. I just want to get this resolved.

Edited by dcol, 25 January 2019 - 03:15 PM.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 119080 posts
  • Local time: 10:09 AM

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:21 PM

Try enabling the stream looping option on the m3u.

#3 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

More info.

If I watch an IPTV stream using the Perfect Player app it will play for days without quitting, but if I use the Perfect Player external player in Emby to watch Live TV it will quit eventually. May take 10 minutes or 2 hours, but it always fails eventually.

Watching anything from the library never fails using the internal or exteral players. Only m3u streams fail.

#4 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:27 PM

Try enabling the stream looping option on the m3u.

Where is that option?

#5 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:30 PM

Never mind, found it in the m3u setup settings. I am trying it now.

Really hoping it is just that simple.

Edited by dcol, 24 January 2019 - 05:31 PM.

#6 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:01 PM

The Looping didn't help, still quits and goes back to guide. Lasted for 29 minutes.

Have it set in the Live TV setting to direct stream, so ffmpeg was not used.

Attached the server log. Also sent Android logs @ 3:04MST user: dali

Edited by dcol, 25 January 2019 - 03:15 PM.

#7 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3435 posts
  • Local time: 03:09 PM

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:44 AM

I don’t have these issues with mediaportal as my m3u provider. Emby has not missed a minute and I record upwards of 10 shows a day

#8 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2175 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:59 AM

I don’t have these issues with mediaportal as my m3u provider. Emby has not missed a minute and I record upwards of 10 shows a day

You're using the MediaPortal plugin and not IPTV/M3U directly in Emby correct?

Do you have IPTV/M4U setup in MediaPortal?

#9 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3435 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

You're using the MediaPortal plugin and not IPTV/M3U directly in Emby correct?
Do you have IPTV/M4U setup in MediaPortal?

no, I created an m3u using the mediaportal streaming urls. Mediaportal gets it from my tv tuner cards.

As far as emby is concerned it gets one m3u with mediaportal and true iptv urls in

#10 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 10:41 AM

@Spaceboy,You cannot say there is no issue when your configuration is not the same as others who are having issues. The streams quit. And I am not the only one.

I tried the m3u made from sTeVe, iptv-epg.com, and direct from the provider. All quit in Emby. Same m3u in an app other than Emby never quits.

#11 jad3675 OFFLINE  

jad3675

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:13 PM

@Spaceboy,You cannot say there is no issue when your configuration is not the same as others who are having issues. The streams quit. And I am not the only one.

I tried the m3u made from sTeVe, iptv-epg.com, and direct from the provider. All quit in Emby. Same m3u in an app other than Emby never quits.

Could be your provider either IPTV or ISP - I record a bit from m3u and have had zero issues with the streams quitting over the past 4 months since I started using emby as my DVR (before that I used nextpvr).

#12 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

If it is the provider or ISP, then why no quitting with VLC, Perfect Player, EPIG, Kodi, or the IPTV providers app. Only Emby quits.

Somebody explain that to me. And it happens on two different systems, one running the production version and the other the beta version.

If there is something wrong with the m3u, then all the other apps handles it without quitting. And my ISP is a stable dedicated business 1GB service.

This is not an ffmpeg issue since I am now running a direct stream in Emby.

Edited by dcol, 25 January 2019 - 01:05 PM.

#13 jad3675 OFFLINE  

jad3675

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

If it is the provider or ISP, then why no quitting with VLC, Perfect Player, EPIG, Kodi, or the IPTV providers app. Only Emby quits.

Somebody explain that to me. And it happens on two different systems, one running the production version and the other the beta version.

If there is something wrong with the m3u, then all the other apps handles it without quitting. And my ISP is a stable dedicated business 1GB service.

This is not an ffmpeg issue since I am now running a direct stream in Emby.

Fair points. Have you tried running a network capture on the device while streaming and seeing if there are any network problems that are causing this issue? It could be emby is less tolerant of what it sees - I know VLC is pretty robust when it comes to continuing a stream that is having issues.

Also - you're consuming the m3u streams from the same hardware and only emby is having issues?

John

#14 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:19 PM

I noticed on occasion, Perfect Player and VLC will pause and display a circle (buffering) for a second or two then continue on. I think when Emby hits these, it just quits. What Emby Live TV should do is just wait until the stream restarts. You can always hit 'Back' to get out of it.

On another thought,  Using the Perfect Player external player in Emby has also quit, so it is how Emby is handling the stream. The same stream never quits when using the Perfect Player app.

The streams are completely independent of the two systems. Lately I have been just using the actual m3u stream provided by the IPTV provider to eliminate any issues from other services. I have three different IPTV services. All of them just eventually quit in Emby.

Frankly I don't care if Emby quits while playing the stream, I will just use another app for that. What concerns me the most is I have seen the same issue with recording m3u streams which NPVR has never done in the 6 months I have been using it. By the way, the NPVR server resides on the same server as Emby. The beta server does not run NPVR or the plugin.

Edited by dcol, 25 January 2019 - 02:34 PM.

#15 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 624 posts
  • Local time: 04:09 PM

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

If you don't sanitze your logs, than not only your streams will quit, but also your iptv account could get banned.

Your logs contain private information...... Learn to sanitize your logs before posting them !

• CBers likes this

#16 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:14 PM

I am just trying to supply as much info as possible to help solve the problem. Why should I be banned for trying to help?

When the logs are requested, I send them. Are you saying there is a procedure for this?

Should I not send my embyserver log anymore? Please be more specific about which logs are allowed to post.

Not sure what 'sanitize' the logs means.

Edited by dcol, 25 January 2019 - 03:18 PM.

#17 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

When the logs are requested, I send them. Are you saying there is a procedure for this?

Should I not send my embyserver log anymore? Please be more specific about which logs are allowed to post.

No, I am saying that it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the user to know what is inside the logs he or she is posting and delete or replace information in that log that exposes personal information.

Have you ever opened your m3u in a text editor to see what is inside it ? if yes, than you know what info to replace or delete in your logs, so learn from that !

• CBers likes this

#18 dcol OFFLINE  

dcol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 627 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:20 PM

Ok, so it is the transcode log. That had some m3u links in it.

By the way the streams stop in the web browser too. Perfect Player has been running since yesterday afternoon. Approx 26 hours. Never seen a stream in Emby last more than an hour.

Edited by dcol, 25 January 2019 - 08:21 PM.

#19 Senna OFFLINE  

Senna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 624 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:40 AM

Ok, so it is the transcode log. That had some m3u links in it.

Here in Europe we are accustomed to say “Thank You” first, when someone helps to point out, that their IPTV account could be at risk.
  • CBers, Spaceboy, arche and 1 other like this

#20 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14362 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

By the way the streams stop in the web browser too. Perfect Player has been running since yesterday afternoon. Approx 26 hours. Never seen a stream in Emby last more than an hour.

So you've been playing your m3u via Perfect Player and Emby at the same time?

How many streams are you permitted by your provider?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users