Updated to Emby Server 4.0.1 - Getting Error - Failed to retrieve latest content updates

JoshFink

JoshFink

Seems like I'm having a ton of issues. I made sure to search through the latest change log before I posted this time at least. :)

I found some time this morning while I was on conference calls and updated my server to 4.0.1.0.

I did a 'local database reset' and then I added the libraries and refreshed them. 

I can actually play content but I'm getting the error, "Emby for Kodi -- Failed to retrieve latest content updates. No content updates will be applied until Kodi is restarted"

I've restarted Kodi and also repaired the libraries and it's still not getting better. 

I've attached the logs and the screenshot of the error.

Thanks

kodi.log

post-146-0-50378900-1549296126_thumb.jpg

ulrick65

Are you running the latest version of the Kodi Add In and the newest version of Kodi?  I had a similar issue, but my Kodi updated at the same time I updated the server and add in...got a little jumbled.

I basically made sure the newest version of Kodi was installed, the newest version of the Server was installed and the newest version of the Kodi Add In (4.0.4) was installed.  I then did a reset, cleared the artwork cache too, and let the whole thing rebuild (allowing the add-in to cache the artwork).  Worked fine after that...

JoshFink

Are you running the latest version of the Kodi Add In and the newest version of Kodi?  I had a similar issue, but my Kodi updated at the same time I updated the server and add in...got a little jumbled.

I basically made sure the newest version of Kodi was installed, the newest version of the Server was installed and the newest version of the Kodi Add In (4.0.4) was installed.  I then did a reset, cleared the artwork cache too, and let the whole thing rebuild (allowing the add-in to cache the artwork).  Worked fine after that...

Yes... I had that problem the other day as well I think. 

Latest version of Emby Server 4.0.1

Kodi Addon (plugin.video.emby) - 4.0.5

I made sure all dependencies were updated as well. 

So, are you saying that you did a reset and just left it or did you do a reset and then refresh the libraries? Perhaps there is a step I'm missing?

ulrick65

Yes... I had that problem the other day as well I think. 

Latest version of Emby Server 4.0.1

Kodi Addon (plugin.video.emby) - 4.0.5

I made sure all dependencies were updated as well. 

So, are you saying that you did a reset and just left it or did you do a reset and then refresh the libraries? Perhaps there is a step I'm missing?

When you do a reset, it asks you a few questions (sometime it takes a few seconds to pop up).  I don't remember them all, but like "Do you want to reset your local database?", "Do you want to delete all Artwork?", that kind of thing.  Because I have an nVidia Shield with fixed memory and so much content, I let it delete all the cached Artwork and rebuild it (I have 4,000 movies and over 250 TV shows...so a lot of content).  It doesnt take all that long to rebuild it and I figured it was worth it to get rid of any errant stuff in there.  I do NOT however let it delete the Add In settings (I dont want to have to reset everything).

Anyway, once it goes the questions, it reboots Kodi (actually since I am on a Shield, it just exits and then I have to run Kodi again).  It logs me in and rebuilds all the content.  Once done, all set.

Thanks.

JoshFink

When you do a reset, it asks you a few questions (sometime it takes a few seconds to pop up).  I don't remember them all, but like "Do you want to reset your local database?", "Do you want to delete all Artwork?", that kind of thing.  Because I have an nVidia Shield with fixed memory and so much content, I let it delete all the cached Artwork and rebuild it (I have 4,000 movies and over 250 TV shows...so a lot of content).  It doesnt take all that long to rebuild it and I figured it was worth it to get rid of any errant stuff in there.  I do NOT however let it delete the Add In settings (I dont want to have to reset everything).

Anyway, once it goes the questions, it reboots Kodi (actually since I am on a Shield, it just exits and then I have to run Kodi again).  It logs me in and rebuilds all the content.  Once done, all set.

Thanks.

Thanks for this. I tried this again actually. I did this essentially but I might have done something else during it the last time. I have a Shield as well BTW. Usually works great. 

I went in there and did a reset, it asked me to delete cached artwork and I said yes, asked me to reset the addon (I did this just to be safe). All of this worked and when it rebooted Kodi it did the sync. 

Everything seems to play, from what I've tried at least, but I still get that message. 

I wonder if there is a pending sync from previous that is stuck out there causing an issue. Probably not but it's the only thing I can think of. 

Appreciate the help. Thanks

Angelblue05

The original message means it couldn't retrieve the latest updates from Kodi companion. Do you have it installed?

JoshFink

The original message means it couldn't retrieve the latest updates from Kodi companion. Do you have it installed?

I did. It was actually updated at 7am this morning. So about 4 hours before this post. 

Strangely, things seem to be working now and I'm not sure why. I've only checked one TV though. I'll go around and check the others. 

Edited by JoshFink
  • Like 1

JoshFink

Still happens?

It was happening after the Kodi Companion update but on one TV at least right now it's not happening. 

I really hate when things start working for no reason that I can tell. It makes troubleshooting that much harder when it pops up again in the future.  :D

• Like 1