Emby does not distinguish accurately between uppercase and lowercase spelling on MP3 tags

JMLatemby
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

JMLatemby
I can reproduce the issue as follows:
  1. Enter for example "John doe" as artist of an MP3 music file and import the file into the Emby library. Within Emby "John doe" is shown as the corresponding artist.

2. Now correct artist to "John Doe" and import the file again. Within Emby, "John doe" will still be reported as the artist.

Server: Debian Stretch, Emby V3.5.3

Kind regards.

Hi, this is resolved in Emby Server 4.0+. It will not correct existing entries where this may have happened in 3.5, but it won't happen with new content added going forward. Thanks.

JMLatemby

Ok, that's fine. So, for my understanding: After updating my Emby server to 4+ I can upload the mp3 file with the modified tag again and after re-scanning the music library the correct tag entry will be stored/displayed, right?

I'm not positive that will correct case sensitivity duplication caused by older releases. Try it, but you might actually need to move the music out of the library, then run a full scan so that the artists get deleted, and then add the music back.

JMLatemby

OK. Are artists bound to a concrete library (eg. "contemporary music", "compilation CD's", DJ's and mixes") or do they be stored at library type level, spawning over all respective libraries (eg. all libraries containing music/audio files). To be concrete: in my case, the incorrect entry is in a file stored within the "Compilations" music library. Do I have to apply your proposed procedure at "Compilations" level or need I to really remove all music content away from the server.

Alternatively, could I not update the tag entry at database level?

• Solution

You would need to remove all media and albums associated with that artist, and then run a full scan.

• Like 1