Server Setup, sent email link to Some other person

Experiment626

Experiment626

Hi there, 

Just wondering as to the security of my system. I am new to Emby and upon setup of the server on my MAC, I sent the "Emby Connect" email to some other user and now I am worried said person has access to my computer. I have since then deleted the application from my desktop in hopes that I can get a clear answer from anyone about this before I reinstall. 

Please help! 

Hi.  All you would need to do is remove the user you accidentally created with that ID and they would no longer have access.

Thanks.

Experiment626

Hi Ebr, 

Do you know how I would do this? Also, how would I know if they are connected to my server or not if I used the Username of someone else? 

Basically I thought I was creating the Username for my server and instead I sent my Server access to some guy with the Username I had created (which was already taken) 

Experiment626

Basically would deleting the Emby server application null my computer from any outside access this person may have? 

Experiment626

I think I see what youre saying.. If said person where to accept the link to my server I would see them connected to it because regarding of the Emby Connect account the server is the same place which would be the iMac. 

Correct?