Iptv guide help

bretswinney

bretswinney

Just subscribed iptv & need help getting the guide working in Emby. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First you'll need to locate a guide data source. Usually the iptv provider will have guidance on that.

bretswinney

I am getting this error when trying to get guide data for iptv

019-02-03 02:24:18.638 Error App: Error adding metadata
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.1.0.5
    Command line: C:\Users\Bret\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: True
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: C:\Users\Bret\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
    Application directory: C:\Users\Bret\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
    System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseRootLevelWhitespace()
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
     at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
     at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadToDescendant(String name)
     at Emby.XmlTv.Classes.XmlTvReader.GetChannels()
     at Emby.LiveTV.Listings.XmlTv.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.AddMetadata(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, List`1 tunerChannels, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelsAsync(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: System.Private.Xml
    TargetSite: Void Throw(System.Exception)

2019-02-03 02:24:18.638 Info App: xmltv path: http://iptv-epg.com/9aac-f8jygw.xml
2019-02-03 02:24:18.648 Error App: Error getting programs for channel A&E US
    *** Error Report ***
    Command line: C:\Users\Bret\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
    System.Xml.XmlException: System.Xml.XmlException: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
     at Emby.LiveTV.Listings.XmlTv.XmlTvProvider.GetChannels(ListingsProviderInfo info, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannels(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetEpgChannelFromTunerChannel(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, ChannelInfo tunerChannel, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

2019-02-03 02:24:18.655 Info App: xmltv path: http://iptv-epg.com/9aac-f8jygw.xml
2019-02-03 02:24:18.658 Error App: Error adding metadata
    *** Error Report ***
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.AddMetadata(IListingsProvider provider, ListingsProviderInfo info, List`1 tunerChannels, Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
     at Emby.LiveTV.EmbyTV.GetChannelsAsync(Boolean enableCache, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

bretswinney

Nevermind it started working...now to figure out how to keep other users from messing up my recorings by using one of the channels while the recording is going on.  Any suggestions?

EODCrafter

Nevermind it started working...now to figure out how to keep other users from messing up my recorings by using one of the channels while the recording is going on.  Any suggestions?

@@Luke has stated he is gonna add ability to "Merge" sub accounts (iptv-1, iptv-2 ect) into Emby in a future update! Sounds fantastic but we all are waiting on this feature.....

Right now....Your only solution is to run 2-3 separate Emby Servers. One for recording that no one has access to but you and others for viewing....or you can have all the channels duplicated and let everyone know the second listing is yours only :). Some IPTV Services allow multiple Streams...Mine doesn't.

I have tried multiple stream services and they are not very reliable sources. (Vaders & Beast)

Edited by EODCrafter

hstamas

Nevermind it started working...now to figure out how to keep other users from messing up my recorings by using one of the channels while the recording is going on. Any suggestions?

Curious how you got it working? I’m contemplating an IPTV service and was wondering how we get guide data? @@Luke, the built in guide data for premium subscribers won’t work with IPTv as the tuner?

Edited by hstamas

bretswinney

Curious how you got it working? I’m content,acting an IPTV service and was wondering how we get guide data? @@Luke, the built in, new guide data for premium subscribers don’t work with IPTv as the tuner?

dd825990f44e4807f31a1cc721b341e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious how you got it working? I’m contemplating an IPTV service and was wondering how we get guide data? @@Luke, the built in guide data for premium subscribers won’t work with IPTv as the tuner?

If you can find a lineup that closely matches your iptv channels then it could work. But finding that out on your own is not something that would be easy to do.

EODCrafter

I haven't found a IPTV Service yet that didn't furnish Guide Data for their Service...Interesting....(Only drawback is this Data is only 24 - 48 Hours. If you want longer Guide Data Map the channel to Emby Guide).

Edited by EODCrafter

hstamas

Thanks guys. I am getting up and running on how this all works. Probably wont go this route due to the hoops you need to jump through and also the gray area on the legality of it all.

alexpaton

WebGrab is by far the best solution that I have found to download EPG data.  It takes some work to get it working right, but once it does, it is excellent.